snails and slugs

  • aus ma56
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2002
      I am interested in natural farming however i understand when the soil is out
      of balance the plant is sick and the bugs will eat the plant to put the
      plant back in the soil to nourish the soil. the soil always has priority.
      fukuoka acknowledged having many yrs(30 +) to reclaim soil.
      personally i wont wait that long. with the advent of chemicals all around, i
      add to my soil often to feed the biology. the soul of the soil.
      i feed the soil and incorporate natural farming methods. i have slugs and
      snails. i make sure to grow enough for them too as they are a part of a
      natural system.
      when i find them on my food i toss them aside, for the birds or whatever to
      find.
      by the way..i live in the city in southern california.

      mark

    • nomadique
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1 6:11 AM
        I sent my Ma a couple of these letters. She replied that she has no
        problem with slugs because she has blue tongued lizards in her garden
        (Australia - mid north coast) but she does have a problem with
        grasshoppers and locusts if anyone has a solution for her <grin>

        Damon