Re: Human manure

  • basjoos
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, B Kalahan
      <aesthete_aspirant@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone point me in the right directon as to how we can
      effectively, bring harmony to the interaction of our fecal matter
      unto the Earth.
      > I know its gotta be here. I know it shouldn't be in drinking
      water. I know that in a tropical area there is a tree called Molokia
      (maybe bad spelling) that can be used as toilet paper. I know that
      with a proper raw food diet we don't need to wipe much, compared to a
      typical american diet.
      > Thank you all for your consideration and participation as this is
      a very important search for me.

      > Namaste,
      > Brad

      In the book "Farmers of Fourty Centuries", the auther describes in
      detail how chinese farmers composted human and animal manure in
      Chinese traditional agriculture circa 1900. He noted that the
      Chinese tradionally cooked all of their vegetables and that the
      recycling system was so efficient that manure flies were practically
      nonexistant in the parts of Japan, Korea, and China that he visited
      (compared to fly populations in the United States).