Greetings!

  • madmaxy2g
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
      Hi, my name's Crow. I'm new to this discussion group. I was
      pleasantly surprised when I punched 'organic farming' into the e-
      group search field, and up popped a group about Mr. Fukuoka and his
      farming methods. Especially since I just read, 'One Straw Revolution
      for the first time 2 days ago! I was amazed, fascinated and in a
      way, pleasantly validated by his methods. It makes perfect sense,
      doesn't it? Anyway, if someone could please give me a lead on his
      other publications, I would be most grateful. I'm currently trying
      to get back in to the field of organic agriculture, and am also
      looking to network with others of like minds, especially in the
      California or western U.S. regions for discussions, etc. . Thanks
      for your time, and happy growing!

      Crow
    • Robin, Maya, or Napi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
        Welcome, Sir or Ma'am Crow,
        When you have a moment, begin reading the archived messages. The
        accumulated discussions & files have much research, experience, &
        enthusiasm. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming

        madmaxy2g wrote:

        > Hi, my name's Crow. I'm new to this discussion group. I was
        > pleasantly surprised when I punched 'organic farming' into the e-
        > group search field, and up popped a group about Mr. Fukuoka and his
        > farming methods. Especially since I just read, 'One Straw Revolution
        > for the first time 2 days ago! I was amazed, fascinated and in a
        > way, pleasantly validated by his methods. It makes perfect sense,
        > doesn't it? Anyway, if someone could please give me a lead on his
        > other publications, I would be most grateful. I'm currently trying
        > to get back in to the field of organic agriculture, and am also
        > looking to network with others of like minds, especially in the
        > California or western U.S. regions for discussions, etc. . Thanks
        > for your time, and happy growing!
        >
        > Crow
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Robert Monie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
          Hello Crow,
          Fukuoka's main writings, in addition to One Straw Revolution are as follows:
          The Natural Way of Farming (English Translation)--Out of Print in America
          The Road Back to Nature (English Translation)--Out of Print in America
          One Straw Revolution: Traveling With Seedballs (In Print but Available only in Japanese-ISBN4-938743-02-7 )
          The three English translations are available in (bootleg?) editions printed in India. The only American source for these Indian editions that I know (thanks to info given few weeks ago on this site by Jack Finefrock) is "Straw Revolution
          P.O. Box 9109
          Santa Fe, NM 87504."
          Their telephone number is (509) 984-2286, and their website is http://www.strawrevolution.com . Used book stores are currently asking very high prices for Fukuoka's books, in some cases as much as $160.00 a piece.
          Bob Monie
          madmaxy2g <madmaxy2g@...> wrote: Hi, my name's Crow. I'm new to this discussion group. I was
          pleasantly surprised when I punched 'organic farming' into the e-
          group search field, and up popped a group about Mr. Fukuoka and his
          farming methods. Especially since I just read, 'One Straw Revolution
          for the first time 2 days ago! I was amazed, fascinated and in a
          way, pleasantly validated by his methods. It makes perfect sense,
          doesn't it? Anyway, if someone could please give me a lead on his
          other publications, I would be most grateful. I'm currently trying
          to get back in to the field of organic agriculture, and am also
          looking to network with others of like minds, especially in the
          California or western U.S. regions for discussions, etc. . Thanks
          for your time, and happy growing!

          Crow

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT