Slug control

  • RobinFern´┐Żndez-Medina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2002
      Hello Everyone,

      I was in the Bavarian forest last week on a holiday. It was wonderful to see all those grains growing freely and healthily with so little help from artifial watering and fertilizers. They are a very eco conscious people up there. I visited many farms in a personal research I am doing and discovered an interesting slug control that proves to work and which I wanted to share with all of you.

      The remedy is coffee. All that drip coffee that you may not be able to finish you can use to spray direclty on the slugs and their trails and overnite they either die or avoid coming close to the area sprayed. Quite simple and environmentally friendly (except to the slugs).
      I have thought about what might cause them to die, and all I can think it that they have a cardiac arrest from the caffeine. If there is anyone more scientifially inclied to explain why I would like to hear it.

      Greetings from Spain.

      Robin