Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 34

  • Castillo Gallery
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      chas

      you are right...i have lived and watched and watered this piece for 12
      years...i have seen chinese elms try to sneak in from the north and
      cottonwoods bloom 80 feet high to the south...i stood on a hill and watched
      a recent hundred year flood tear away my neighbors pasture while my willows
      and cottonwoods held me in place

      when the bears stopped eating my apples this fall i started pulling unwanted
      plants and joined this group

      my runnels are a sculpture on the bosom of a field and straw mulch sounds
      like the best way to go for the few crispy spots i see

      thanks for the tips

      peace

      terry