Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Natural Farming for a Living

  • David Keltie
    Message 1 of 92 , Aug 1, 2008
      My problem with deep mulch - growing annual vegetables on a garden
      scale - has been slugs. They love the warm, moist conditions but
      prefer the soft growing tips of young plants to the decaying mulch
      material.

      This year, I tried Emilia's method of planting more mature plants
      raised in pots but the only change was fatter slugs!

      How do others with this problem tackle it?

      My first post here after lurking and learning for several months. l'm
      in Western England, near Wales with plenty of rain.

      Still searching for a synergistic agriculture forum.....

      Thanks, David

      On 7/30/08, Steven Smith <twofriendsfarm@...> wrote:
      > Dieter and friends,
      >
      > Check out http://www.cedarmeadowfarm.com/. Steve Groff has been growing
      > deep mulch on his farm for about 15 years now in a no-till vegetable
      > rotation. This is commercial scale farming.
    • grannis04
      Message 92 of 92 , Jun 22, 2009
        -No, the chicken layer pellets are poultry feed for laying hens. It is grain based feed but if you want complete ingredients maybe check the label on the bag at your feed store. Steve G.