Re: Natural Farming for a Living

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 92 , Jul 18, 2008
      Thanks for your reply Nandan. I can understand where you are coming
      from. Since I do not have children, I don't face the same problems
      in that area. Yet, I do consider being able to afford major medical
      insurance coverage (is it necessary, opinions welcome). I would also
      prefer to live/farm car-free. Now, choosing to live car free in a
      small town or rural area would, or could have an impact on my social
      life. Aside from choosing to live a life that few women aspire to
      live, I worry about those other issues. I don't care about
      homeowners insurance or life insurance since I live debt free, and
      will build a simple earthen home.

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Nandan Palaparambil
      <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:

      > Hi Lee,
      >
      > This is indeed a bold step..
      >
      > Even I dream of quitting my current job and live a life based on
      farming, but there are too many dependables. Kids education, social
      issues, convincing family/relatives .. so I am planning for an
      intermediate solution after a period of 5 years.

      > Wish you all the best and hope that you find a spouse soon.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Nandan

      time the higher

      > prices payed for organic produce restored my childhood hope to farm

    • grannis04
      Message 92 of 92 , Jun 22, 2009
        -No, the chicken layer pellets are poultry feed for laying hens. It is grain based feed but if you want complete ingredients maybe check the label on the bag at your feed store. Steve G.