Dry land cultivation

  • p_k_nandanan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2008
      Hi All,

      I have added two photos of dry land we are thinking to buy in
      Krishnagiri,Tamilnadu,India - under the album - "Dry land -
      Krishnagiri,Tamilnadu,India"

      The average rainfall in this area is around 800mm and it is getting
      less and this is the pattern of rain for 2006-2007,

      June - Sept - 231.5mm
      October-Dec - 212.6mm
      Jan-Feb - 1.9mm
      March- May -191.1mm

      Just wanted to know if anyone has experience in doing natural farming
      in this kind of dry areas. Mango is what we primarily aim for, since
      it require less water. Anyone in the list from this area?

      There is a well in this land, but just enough water for drinking and
      other home needs.

      Regards,
      Nandan