Re:natural farming farms

  • JSENT
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
      "My question

      here is are there any active farms in the world that take

      interns/volunteers/ students to live and learn natural farming on the

      land. Thanks so much for forming this group. Cheers.

      Colin James Ewan"

      Greetings, Colin,
      I'm in Central Illinois (2 hours south of Chicago) and am always looking for help in my low-tech, chemical free garden.  You can read a bit about my place here: www.grandprairiefood.com or email if you have questions.  Room, board, education and some pay in exchange for garden and farm help.  A short stay or long stay can be arranged.

      Kind regards,

      jake

    • karoubas
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008
        Hello Colin
        if you are interested you should talk to Panos Manikis - see
        www.naturalfarming.us - for photos and his number
        Its an active natural farm based exclusively on Fukuoka's principles -
        that is also very active in reforestation efforts - i hope it helps

        Kostas

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, JSENT <wegrow4@...> wrote:

        > "My question
        >
        > here is are there any active farms in the world that take
        >
        > interns/volunteers/ students to live and learn natural farming on the
        >
        > land. Thanks so much for forming this group. Cheers.
        >

        > Colin James Ewan"
        >

        > Greetings, Colin,
        > I'm in Central Illinois (2 hours south of Chicago) and am always
        looking for help in my low-tech, chemical free garden. You can read a
        bit about my place here: www.grandprairiefood.com or email if you have
        questions. Room, board, education and some pay in exchange for garden
        and farm help. A short stay or long stay can be arranged.

        > Kind regards,
        >
        > jake

      • ry12an16
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2008
          Try herbana farm in the Philippines its promote natural farming they
          are accepting apprentice.

          http://www.herbanafarm.com/Herbana2/Apprenticeship_Program.htm