natural farming farms

  • bleem690
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
      Hello there my name is Colin James Ewan I live in British Columbia
      Canada. On my last travel I met people who told me about Masanobu
      Fukuokas farming principles so I ordered One straw to southern Mexico.
      Since reading twice I sought and found his second book. My question
      here is are there any active farms in the world that take
      interns/volunteers/students to live and learn natural farming on the
      land. Thanks so much for forming this group. Cheers.

      Colin James Ewan
    • JSENT
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
        "My question

        here is are there any active farms in the world that take

        interns/volunteers/ students to live and learn natural farming on the

        land. Thanks so much for forming this group. Cheers.

        Colin James Ewan"

        Greetings, Colin,
        I'm in Central Illinois (2 hours south of Chicago) and am always looking for help in my low-tech, chemical free garden.  You can read a bit about my place here: www.grandprairiefood.com or email if you have questions.  Room, board, education and some pay in exchange for garden and farm help.  A short stay or long stay can be arranged.

        Kind regards,

        jake

      • karoubas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008
          Hello Colin
          if you are interested you should talk to Panos Manikis - see
          www.naturalfarming.us - for photos and his number
          Its an active natural farm based exclusively on Fukuoka's principles -
          that is also very active in reforestation efforts - i hope it helps

          Kostas

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, JSENT <wegrow4@...> wrote:

          > "My question
          >
          > here is are there any active farms in the world that take
          >
          > interns/volunteers/ students to live and learn natural farming on the
          >
          > land. Thanks so much for forming this group. Cheers.
          >

          > Colin James Ewan"
          >

          > Greetings, Colin,
          > I'm in Central Illinois (2 hours south of Chicago) and am always
          looking for help in my low-tech, chemical free garden. You can read a
          bit about my place here: www.grandprairiefood.com or email if you have
          questions. Room, board, education and some pay in exchange for garden
          and farm help. A short stay or long stay can be arranged.

          > Kind regards,
          >
          > jake

        • ry12an16
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2008
            Try herbana farm in the Philippines its promote natural farming they
            are accepting apprentice.

            http://www.herbanafarm.com/Herbana2/Apprenticeship_Program.htm