Re: White Clover Seeds

  • cywgcyyc2005
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2008
      I just spread the seeds in among the clover, stir the leaves to make
      sure the seeds get under the foliage and let them grow. I find root
      vegetables such as radish and beets do well, but other legumes like
      peas and beans are not always as successful. I also like tomatoes,
      squash and cucumbers, but I transplant these into the garden as we
      don't have enough frost free days to grow these from seed in the garden.
      I don't really have space to grow grains, although a test plot might be
      worth a try I'm not an expert. I only do what works for me in my small
      available land space, but based upon my successes, I plan to ask the
      city for some unused and unwanted land so I can see if this will work
      on a larger scale. Good luck.
    • Berin Erturk
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 4:45 AM
        You seem to have come to the same conclusion as I did concerning the three plants to grow the Fukoka style- wheat-sesame-clover. As you have probably noticed, he waters the field once to weaken the clover and let the summer crop come up. I could not find a solution to this problem since with so much watering sesame seeds would have rotten as well . But your experience shows that with some manual work it can be done.
        Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please continue to do so. Good luck with winter wheat! (using more wheat seeds than you normally would might help)
        Berin Erturk