Re: power mowers

  • john
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2008
      If you are only mowing a small area there are several mowers that
      would be suitable that add no pollution to the air. Reel type
      mowers, man/woman powered. I don't recommend them for a large area
      (although I mow my yard 85 by 145 feet) with one. They don't work as
      well as a gas mower and if you let the grass get too high it's hard
      to do and some areas need several passes. But maintenance is a snap,
      spray a little oil here and there to keep it moving smoothly. While
      my neighbor is changing his oil, driving to buy gas, trying over and
      over to start his mower, etc. I'm almost done and I get to listen to
      music whilst I cut.

      New member. John