How to convert a double-dug raised bed vegetable garden to natural farming

  • basjoos
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2008
      I have a traditional double-dug raised bed garden whose soil fertility
      is maintained by adding regular infusions of compost that I want to
      transition to natural farming with fertility maintained mostly by a
      leguminous groundcover. So far, all I have done is to increase the
      intermixing of the different types of vegetables, allow some of the non-
      hybrid veggies to set seed, and stopped weeding out any clover and
      other leguminous seedlings that appear in the beds so they can grow to
      form a groundcover. Are there any other techniques that could help in
      the conversion process?