Acacia Seeds

  • i.gencay
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2008
      When are Acacia seeds ready for "harvesting" as a seed?
      I have seen some Acacia trees and want to start seedlings. When are they 'ripe' and any
      suggestions in growing trees with it?
      Thanks
      Ibo
    • Jason Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2008
        This depends very much on which species of Acacia and the location of it growing, as there are on my continent Australia alone, over 900 species.
        Can you find out what species or even take some photos, we can work out the likely season for ripe seed and flowering.
        Cheers,
        Jase.

        www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail