Re: [fukuoka_farming] A thought for Tibet

  • Peter the
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2008
      On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Dieter Brand wrote:

      | Boycotting Chinese goods and the Olympics are legitimate means of
      | peaceful resistance. Other means are writing letters to your local or
      | national leaders, supporting the Tibetan organisations in your area and
      | talking to your friends. I attach a message from another list with
      | numerous news sources.

      Boycotting Chinese goods is much better justified not because China has
      subjugated 2 million Tibetians, but because these goods are produced by
      the slave labor of 1,000 million Chinese. Because they are produced with
      Iraqi oil (to the cost of 1.3 million lives so far, and counting).
      Because they are produced at the expense of burning coal. Because they are
      produced to enrich the cabal of crooks that print paper money in the US.

      Boycotting the Olympics is much more justified on the grounds that sports
      are an outlet for aggression, a vehicle for group narcisism, which paints
      people as enemies, rather than neighbors, which prevents us from realizing
      our own individual potential instead of dissolving and depersonalizing our
      egos in the ego if the crowd, because being a sports fan is only one step
      from being a soldier, because they are a drug which prevents us from
      taking the time to think about our lot in life, doing something about it,
      and ultimately growing.

      | China will replace the US as the number one superpower within the
      | lifetime of today's younger generation.

      I beg to differ here.

      China is a joke. China is a slavery appendage to the global plutocracy.
      Without the Federal Reserve, China falls misarably in a matter of months.

      It is the Federal Reserve that is incompatible with a free world. This is
      where the serious "boycotting" should be directed to.

      --Peter.