Fukuoka in Turkish

  • Inan Mayis Aru
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2008
      Dear Brothers & Sisters,

      First of all I'd like to say hi to all who are devoted in finding a
      farming practice in accordance with nature and I want to tell all my
      good wishes are with Master Fukuoka whom I heard is ill now and I
      hope he will soon be good again. I wish patience and light of hope
      for his family and students – all physical and spiritual scattered
      world wide.

      I am now translating Master Fukuoka's "The Way of Natural Farming"
      into Turkish. Last year my friend and collegaue Aykut had translated
      Fukuoka San's first book "One Straw Revolution" and it was published
      by Kaos Editions which I work for as a translator and editor. Kaos is
      an independent small-scale edition which is being run for the
      promotion of all kinds of liberterian/anarchist ideas and we
      appreciate Fukuoka San's farming philosophy very much for communities
      trying to build autonomous living spaces. I, myself is also living in
      a village with a bunch of people and animals who are trying to build
      a joyful and egalitarian life. Aykut had written to Fukuoka San the
      previous year and had his permission that his works would be
      translated into Turkish with no royalties needed as long as they were
      to be published not just to make money out of it but spread the idea.
      Aykut is now somewhere in Thailand and I couldn't contact him. So I
      am writing to the group to let people know that the book is being
      translated now and to reach Master Fukuoka or anyone who is
      authorized on his royalties and refresh that permission. As I live in
      a village with no internet connection I can check my e-mails only
      once a week or quarterly so it will take some time for
      correspondences. Looking for your replies.

      Best wishes for all!

      Inan Mayis Aru
    • Robert Monie
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2008
        Hi Inan,

        It is good to see people all over the world trying to do natural farming. How would you describe your bioregion as to temperature, rainfall, and soil types? What grows easily there and what takes a little more persistance? Do you have any interesting local vegetables, herbs, or grains that you grow comparable to Egyptain spinach, zaatar, or teff, for example? What do you use for cover crops? Do you have a plan for rotation of crops? Do you grow fruit, legumes, grains, greens, and other vegetables?

        Bob Monie
        New Orleans, LA
        Zone 8
        USA

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2008
            Hi all,
            Inan, thank your very much for taking this task. I
            myself had the same intention for sometime but could
            never reserve enough time for even starting it. So, I
            am looking forward to your translation, please inform
            us when ready. I would also be happy to help if you
            need someone to have a look at the first version and
            give you feedback.

            I think Robert's question is quite hard to answer: the
            plant variety in Turkey is said to be equal to
            complete Europe. The question would need to be
            answered for a specific region. I have been observing
            nature in the Eageen region for the last year. It
            should be pretty much close to Greece Eageen side. In
            my region(Izmir, think size of a big city with
            surrounding villages), it said that there are 4000
            endemic plants. We have various types of clover for
            cover, I have intention to use it for the control of
            other strong and long-stem "wild" plants. Main
            problems we have here is the rainy seasons becoming
            shorter and shorter and I actually have big worries
            about that. It is said that the Eagean and
            Medeteranian regions are very sensitive to climate
            changes. Last year most of my baby plants died out in
            dry out during 3 months in summer under 30-35celcius
            heat without a drop of rain. Still trying and hoping
            .... in both autumn and spring.

            My best regards to everyone,
            Baris

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • michiyoshibuya
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2008
              Dear Inan Mayis Aru,

              It is nice to hear that Fukuoka san's message is spreading. My name
              is Michiyo, living in Japan, and I am in charge of Fukuoka san's
              publishing matters outside of Japan.

              I think that your friend first sent a letter to Panos and he gave it
              to me in the year 2005 when I was in Greece, so I brought it back to
              Japan and wrote him an e-mail. I never got a response. Do you know
              who sent him the letter with the permission to publish the book
              because Fukuoka san does not write letters any more. Was it from
              any of his assistant or his family members?

              I think that it is usually the case that Fukuoka san does not ask
              for royalities if the publishing is completely non profit. And he
              likes the idea that everything goes without money. And that is why
              the official editions of the books never got published in the last
              20 years or so. But now we are trying to have them back in print.

              Non-profit could mean several different things. I know the Estonian
              version was completely non-profit; it is sold at the price of paper
              and ink, And such situation of the price or people geting paid in
              the framework of non-profit project could vary depending on country
              or other social and economic circumstances and I am not in a
              position to judge if that's good or bad.

              But I think that at least, a written permission will be necessary in
              order to write on the first page of the book,
              Copyright Masanobu Fukuoka

              I thought about writing to you personally, but I thought maybe
              people who are involved in publihing of One Straw Revolution or
              other books by Masanobu Fukuoka in other country are reading this
              forum. So Please contact me personally if anyone that concerns is
              reading this message for more information.

              Sincerely,
              Michiyo Shibuya
            • Gil Teague
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
                Dear Michiyo,

                I am a small publisher of plant and gardening books in Sydney, Australia.

                Would you please send me your email so I can contact you directly about the
                books by Fukuoka san.

                My email is HYPERLINK "mailto:Florilegium@..."Florilegium@....

                I�d be very grateful for contact from you,

                Regards,

                Gil Teague

                _____

[...]

                Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.