Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Cattle

  • jbmc@attglobal.net
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 3, 2002
      Ms.Carol wrote:

      > None of us, jb, has the absolute truth about nutrition. You go by
      > what makes sense to you and what works for your body, and I do
      > likewise. When it comes to what people should eat, neither scientists
      > nor gurus can agree.

      * * * * * * *

      Well, Ms. Carol, if Mr. Fukuoka's core message is - as
      i do understand it - surrendering to Nature, then we better get smart
      and willing enough to find out and accept the* terms* of surrendering.
      Failing to do so, all this "natural" this and that is simply a shameful,
      useless excercise of hypocrisy.

      > Dr. Price's book consists mostly of observations.

      You said it!: "observations", not "experimentations.
      On what solid ground did He reach His conclusions?

      Best regards,
      jb
      Mirabile-caruso.

      "Foliar Vegetarianism": "the" pathway back to "Pure Fruitarianism"
    • Wendy
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 4, 2002
        Hi all,
        I just need to briefly interject one point. While yes I agree there are too
        many people in the world, a bigger problem is overconsumption by the few in
        the so-called developed world, many of whom actually believe all this stuff
        is what they need and are used to, and our push to have the rest of the
        world desire and also be dependant on lots of our junk vs. meeting basic
        needs naturally and locally without destruction and disrespect.

        It is an important note, because it actually places blame and belittles the
        rest of the world and is usually us white folks or other from the "developed
        world" who focus it that way. Meanwhile we consume 40% of the world's
        resources and cause major environmental destruction, depletion, etc. etc.
        Someone told me that every one American born is equivalent to 10 individuals
        in terms of consumption, etc. I believe it.

        I find it important daily to question that which us privileged and spoiled
        believe to be reality in terms of needs, actions, thoughts, etc.

        thanks,
        peace,
        wendy