RE: [fukuoka_farming] Wild grass and  Kawaguchi Yoshikazu

  • Dieter Brand
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 28, 2008
      Thanks Erica,

      It has been a long time. Friends of ours had a bessou in Fuji Goko
      where we would go. It may have been in Fall. I don't remember what
      was in their stews, but it had some roots and some greens. They
      said it was from wild vegetables, but it probably also contained some
      garden vegetables. Anyway, it tasted unlike anything I ever tasted
      before. Natsukashii desu ne.

      Ferns are probably hard to grow from seeds.

      I see that Kawaguchi calls his type of Natural Farming "shizen nou",
      while Fukuoka used "shizen nouhou". Not much difference really,
      except that it may represent Kawaguchis desire to differentiate his
      method.

      Dieter

      Shinya Erica <ericahousenew@...> wrote:

      Dieter,

      Could you tell me the season when you eat the vegetables?

      In spring, We eat sprauts of fern. It is called Warabi and Kogomi.

      Those will help to ditoxify which we hold during winter.
      If it is Warabi, I recomend you to ask to the Japanese how to fix.

      Yes, His name is Kawaguchi Yoshikazu,
      and his book is; Tae naru Hatake ni Tachite
      You can see him at the following site, and at the bottom of it,
      you can see the title and picture of his book.

      http://www.wacca.com/88/09/kawaguchi/kawaguchi.html

      He has natural farming class and for it`s garden in Nara Prefecture.
      And they have annual gathering, in his hometown.

      I think he was ispired by Fukuoka, he wanted to spread
      natural farming as much as possible, and he find his method.

      Anyway, have a good time with your visiter.

      Erica

      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      From: diebrand@...
      Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:49:02 -0800
      Subject: RE: [fukuoka_farming] Mr. Fukuoka

      Erica,

      It is good to have some update news from Japan. You are doing a great job. Please, keep up the good work!

      >And I just hope that Mr. Fukuoka will be ok. I hope that

      >this group can send a good energy to him.

      I will join you there. Perhaps he would be heartened to know that there is still a small bunch of people around the World who are trying their hand at Natural Farming, be it every so imperfectly.

      Dieter Brand

      Portugal

      PS: We are expecting some visitors from Japan this year. They have promised to bring some seeds and books. I remember that restaurant on the way to Fuji-san where they prepare delicious stews and soups from wild vegetables. Infortunately, I forgot the names of the vegetables. Do you know the names of any wild or garden vegetables that are typical for Japan. Also, do you know the full name in Japanese of the Kawaguchi who wrote about Natural Farming and/or the title of any of his books?