Re: Woodgas stoves and terra preta

  • Nakka Sai Bhaskar Reddy
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 19, 2008
      Dear All,

      This is an interesting article published in Scientific American on
      terra preta.

      "Special Report: Inspired by Ancient Amazonians, a Plan to Convert
      Trash into Environmental Treasure
      New bill in U.S. Senate will advocate adoption of "agrichar" method
      that could lessen our dependence on fossil fuel and help avert
      global warming
      By Anne Casselman"

      http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=5670236C-E7F2-99DF-
      3E2163B9FB144E40&page=3

      Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy
      http://www.e-geo.org

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Dieter Brand <diebrand@...>
      wrote:

      > >There is a quite a lot of information online about the background
      > >and current research and progress.
      >
      > John, many thanks for posting the terra preta links.
      Unfortunately,
      > my Internet connection isn't up to watching videos online. And,
      > most of us find that eyesight decreases in direct proportion to
      > the increase in age, which makes us rather more selective about
      > what we read and what not. I had thus hoped, however selfishly,
      > that the gentleman from India would be inclined to share his
      > experience in this matter so as to remove all doubts from our
      > mind.
      >
      > Dieter Brand
      > Portugal
      >
      > johnmacmot <johnmacmot@...> wrote:
      > The Terra Preta phenomenon is something I've recently
      become aware of myself. There is
      > a quite a lot of information online about the background and
      current research and
      > progress.
      >
      > here are some good starting links:
      > Horizon documentary that does a useful job of outlining the Terra
      Preta origins and
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-
      > 2809044795781727003&q=amazon+bbc&pr=goog-sl
      >
      > The Cornell University site where quite a lot of research work has
      been focused:

      http://www.css.cornell.edu/faculty/lehmann/terra_preta/TerraPretahome
      .htm