Pleomorphism was Hello from New Zealand

  • Rex Teague
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
      Don & Jim... it's getting hot in here, almost incestuous!!

      On 29 Jun 02, Don Graves wrote:
      > Hi again Rex,

      Don, an embarassing confession, I clumsily deleted your recent email
      after briefly skimming it!! Perhaps we can broach my question to you
      ie whether pleomorphism (aka polymorphism) is a consideration of
      microbiologists... in this forum? I suspect it ain't! 8-)

      My gut feeling that pleomorphism is a distinct possibility has
      developed from:
      1. Initially reading about Gaston Naessens' somatid cycle many years
      ago: http://www.cerbe.co.za/SomCycle.htm
      2. Discovering the Bechamp - Pasteur standoff of the late 1800's:
      http://www.sumeria.net/bechamp/bechamp.html
      3. Learning about other pleomorphic researchers eg Enderlein and
      Rife since joining the Internet eg:
      http://www.explorepub.com/articles/enderlein3.html

      The jump from these pleomorphic researchers to the microfauna of
      the soil is mine and I'm pursuing support for the hypothesis. In the
      hypothesis I see a total validation of Fukuoka's message and a tool
      to enable application of his message on a wider basis.

      Revisiting Krasil'nikov's "Soil Microorganisms and Higher Plants" has
      by my intereptation, added some ammunition. To quote a fraction:

      "The qualitative diversity of microbial cultures also determines to
      some degree the polymorphism of the species. The species in
      microorganisms is characterized not only by the polymorphism of
      cells but also by the polymorphism of the culture. One and the same
      species, even one and the same culture often produce various
      colonies on nutrient media. It is known that Azotobacter
      chroococcum on one and the same medium of Ashby (agar medium)
      grows either in the form of a mucoid spreading colony, or in a
      compact, pastelike form; it may be black, brown or colorless; in
      some cases it is wrinkled or rough, in others in the form of smooth,
      pastelike or mucoid colonies."

      From:
      http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/010112Krasil/010112krasil.toc.html

      Yours and other's thoughts??

      Regards... Rex
    • George
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2006
        What part of NZ are you in faith?

        rob

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2006
            Hi Rob, I'm on the North Island, about 45 minutes north of Auckland.
            Are you also in New Zealand?

            Faith

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "George" <roblyn@...> wrote:

            > What part of NZ are you in faith?
            >
            > rob

          • George
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 7, 2006
              We live in the Waikato Faith. Rain sodding everywhere at present.