Re: [fukuoka_farming]

  • Castillo Gallery
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      thanks to all who have responded to my email...this concept of group
      emailing reflects the paradigm of multi-functioning tasks that is so often
      referred to by those who practice permaculture and the like

      1. a bookstore told me all of fukuoka's books are out of print, hard to come
      by, sell fast at high prices when they are available...any thoughts on this?
      (it holds true after an Amazon.com search)

      2. even though plastic mulching is not adherent to natural farming
      practices, are there physiological reasons NOT to use it for a small portion
      when no other source is immediately or practically available...in a pinch,
      so to speak?

      3. is it worth trying to rig a crude screening device on my flood irrigation
      source to eliminate the unwanted millions of my neighbors' seeds?

      after gathering from sources i have decided to plant in these guilds this

      a. wheat, rye, barley, oats, vetch and clover (white or red, not sure..i'd
      like to do both)
      b. mini-guilds of perennial herbs
      c. poppies and other flowers
      d. local species