Re: NO FRTILIZER.

  • parmbir
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
      I know some farmers who germinate seed with country liquer.They also
      spray diluted 250ml for quarter acre of standig crop of wheat or
      rice.Some of them did not diluted the liquer and their crop got
      burnt.I am talking about this after reading this raw milk
      story.Liquer is also a source of sugar.
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "dcw338" <gpp@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > Here is a recipe for what I consider the best natural way to
      fertilize
      > and restore soil (larger scale)
      >
      > The questions to answer include:
      >
      > How to restore soil and bring the micro organism back to life?
      > How to bring nitrogen back into the soil and plant?
      > How does soil build organic matter?
      >
      > The answer is intertwined, answer one and you have the answer to
      all

      > Feed the micro organisms.
      >

      > The best food for micro organisms is Raw Milk.
      >
      > For bacterial/organism growth one needs to supply sugar, Protein,
      > water and heat
      >
      > There is not a better source of sugar than raw milk. And there is
      not
      > a more complete range of amino acids than raw milk.
      >
      > For explosive growth of bacteria they need vitamin b and enzymes
      >
      > There is not a more complete source of vitamins b's and enzymes
      than
      > raw milk. Raw milk is the perfect food for bacteria/micor
      organisms
      > (and humans).
      >
      > Air is made of 78% nitrogen. The plants and soil become alive and
      > breath the nitrogen in.
      >
      > Enzymes break down minerals and other foods for healthy soil and
      plants.

      > Raw milk sugars repel pests (grass hoppers) and when the health of
      the
      > plants/soil return the pests move to other fields.
      >
      > Study: 3-10 gallons of raw milk per acre applied to field returned
      > 1700#'s more dry matter per acre on a single cutting than a none
      milk
      > field. Plus the soil was les compact. Other notes were the salts
      > decreased in the milk fields and the balance of calcium and
      magnesium
      > changed.
      >
      > This one study showed a 95% probability of repeatability.
      >
      > Milk has more value as a soil conditioner than it does as a human
      food

      > Other studies... See pottengers cats by Francis pottenger
      >
      > David wetzel
      > Nevraska
      >
      > I have to run or I would elaborate

    • Sergio Montinola
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
        Dear Raju,

        Your statement "the composting of organic materials is fundamentally useless.
        --RajuTitus" is equally "useless" to the modern world that suffers from the problem of garbabe?

        Please give us your usefull suggestion on how to dispose usefully of municipal garbage? .

        Serge Montinola
        Philippines

        Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:
        Composting of organic materials is fundamentally useless.: Fukuoka
        Dear friends,
        There is lot of difference in organic and natural way of
        farming. Organic farming based on organic fertilizer and natural
        farming is based on no fertilizer. See what Fukuoka is saying.
        "Natural way of farming" page no-111.
        Fertilizer Was Never needed to Begin With: Let us consider the farmer
        as he clears a forest and plant fruit trees. He fells the trees in the
        forest and carries them off as logs, taking the branches and leaves as
        well. Than he digs deep into the earth, pulling up the roots of trees
        and grasses, which he burns. Next, he turns the soil over and over
        again to loosen it up. But in so doing, he destroys the physical
        structure of the soil After pounding and kneading the soil again and
        again like bread dough, he drives out air and the humus so essential
        to microorganisms, reducing it to a yellow mineral barren of life. He
        than plants fruit saplings in the now lifeless soil, adds fertilizer,
        and attempts to grow fruit trees entirely through human forces.
        At agriculture research centers fertilizer is added to potted
        soil devoid of life and nutrients. The effect is like sprinkling water
        on dry soil : the trees thrive on the fertilizer nutrients. Naturally,
        researchers report this as evidence of the remarkable effectiveness of
        the fertilizer. The farmer simulates the laboratory procedure by
        carefully clearing the land of all plant matter and killing the soil
        in the field , than applying fertilizer. He too notes the same
        startling results and is pleased with what he sees.
        The poor farmer has taken the long way around. Although I would
        not call fertilizers totally useless, the fact is that nature provides
        us with all the fertilizers we need. Crops grow very well without
        chemical fertilizers. Since ancient times, rock outcroppings on the
        earth have been battered by the elements, first into boulders,
        grasses, and eventually great, towering trees, the land became buried
        under a mantle of rich soil.
        The no-fertilizer principle does not say that fertilizers are
        worthless, but that there is no need to apply chemical fertilizers.
        Scientific technology for applying fertilizers is basically pointless
        for the same reason. Yet research on the preparation and use of
        organic composts, which are much closer to nature, appears at first
        glance to be of value.
        When compost such as straw, grasses and trees, or seaweeds is
        applied directly to a field, it takes a while for this to decompose
        and trigger a fertilizer response in the crops. This is because
        microbes help themselves to the available nitrogen in the soil,
        creating a temporary nitrogen deficiency that initially starves the
        crops of needed nitrogen. In organic farming, therefore, these
        materials are fermented and used as prepared compost, giving a safe,
        effective fertilizer.
        All the trouble taken during preparation of the compost to
        speed up the rate of fertilizer response, such as frequent turning of
        pile, methods for stimulating the growth of aerobic bacteria, the
        addition of water and nitrogenous fertilizers, lime, superphosphate,
        rice bran, manure, so forth—all this is taken just for a slight
        acceleration in response. Because the net effect of these effort is to
        speed up decomposition by at most ten to twenty percent, this can
        hardly be called necessary, especially since there already was a
        method of applying straw that achieved outstanding results.
        The logic that rejects grassed fields, green manure, and the
        direct application and plowing under of human wastes and livestock
        manure changes with time and circumstances. Given the right condition,
        these may be effective. But no fertilizer method is absolute. The
        surest way to solve the problem is to apply a method that adapts to
        the circumstances and follow nature.
        I firmly believe that, while compost it self is not without
        value, the composting of organic materials is fundamentally useless.

        --RajuTitus
        Natural farmer of India

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • dcw338
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
          >> Please give us your usefull suggestion on how to dispose usefully
          of municipal garbage? .

          > Serge Montinola
          > Philippines

          Why not burn it and use the BTU's? then filter the carbon ash and use
          for other applications? there is some of this being done in the US.
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "dcw338" <gpp@...> wrote:

            > >> Please give us your usefull suggestion on how to dispose usefully
            > of municipal garbage? .
            > >
            > > Serge Montinola
            > > Philippines
            >

            > Why not burn it and use the BTU's? then filter the carbon ash and use
            > for other applications? there is some of this being done in the US.

            Burning trash is highly problematic, it releases toxic gases, and
            other gases that cause smog and global warming. (hydrocarbons and
            nitrous oxides), the toxics com from plastics, magazine print, and
            other containers. Also, a regular fire is not hot enough to burn the
            trash effectively, further more much municipal garabage is too wet to
            burn and must be dried (using energy) before burning.

            Definitely not something appropriate for the backyard enthusist.

            the plants in the us are being shut down,or replaced with plasma arc
            burning that takes place at a high enough temperature to render the
            trash 'clean'.
          • Sergio Montinola
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
              Dear Jeff,

              Burning garbage in the US is one of the worst thing you can do. The environment and the world will suffer in the long run. Hard to believe the US is so backward when it comes to garbage?

              Serge Montinola

              Jeff <shultonus@...> wrote:
              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "dcw338" <gpp@...> wrote:

              > >> Please give us your usefull suggestion on how to dispose usefully
              > of municipal garbage? .
              > >
              > > Serge Montinola
              > > Philippines
              >

              > Why not burn it and use the BTU's? then filter the carbon ash and use
              > for other applications? there is some of this being done in the US.

              Burning trash is highly problematic, it releases toxic gases, and
              other gases that cause smog and global warming. (hydrocarbons and
              nitrous oxides), the toxics com from plastics, magazine print, and
              other containers. Also, a regular fire is not hot enough to burn the
              trash effectively, further more much municipal garabage is too wet to
              burn and must be dried (using energy) before burning.

              Definitely not something appropriate for the backyard enthusist.

              the plants in the us are being shut down,or replaced with plasma arc
              burning that takes place at a high enough temperature to render the
              trash 'clean'.

            • Anders Skarlind
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 6, 2008
                Raju,
                I understand biodynamic farming has some success in India, and also
                improves the soil. This is a system that uses compost wisely. But
                alas, I haven't been there. I have only listened to one lecture by an
                Indian BD farmer and promoter, Jakes Jayakaran, and another with some
                Swedish BD students who visited India.

                Compost in the sense I think of it is not primarily a fertiliser.
                Even though compost has some direct fertilising effects, I think
                quality compost should be though of mainly as a regulating and
                soil-improving amendment. A healthy soil may need very little
                compost, or even none at all. But most soils today I think benefit
                much from it.

                The mentioning of raw milk in another post is also interesting. One
                biodynamic spray for apple trees is diluted milk and something more.
                (Was it honey?) At least two prominent developers biodynamic method,
                Hugo Erbe and Enzo Nastati, have devised sparying of grape juice. The
                grape juice is first stirred with some biodynamic preparations, and
                then sprayed. Also spraying of molasses with fertiliser or similar
                come to mind.

                Kind regards
                Anders Skarlind, Sweden