Terra Preta & Mulata

  • Elsa Santos
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
      Dear Dieter,

      Hope you're well and enjoying the much needed rainfall we're geting this weekend on our neck of the woods.

      I have to apologise for not having said anymore regarding the Terra Preta course that I've pushed so very hard to make happen in Portugal, but alas, after much talk with the several entities and individuals who seemed to be excited about making this happen (at the time)...in the end... NADA! ... Don't know what happened there... Dr Steiner (www.biochar.org) was extremely pacient and I still can't figure out why suddenly all interest was lost and nothing happened, not a message, a phone call, a bit of initiative.... Namakemono syndrome, desho? Maybe it's the excess manganese in the water... Anyway, ippantekina Portuguese stuff. Ma, honto ni fugainai ne? Never mind...should be used to the flakyness by now - maybe I will one day, eventually. In the meantime, here are some more refs on TP and Mulata to ad to the wonderful info other members of this group have already been kind enough to contribute:

      http://www.georgiaitp.org/carbon/PDF%20Files/BDenevan.pdf
      and dark earths are not only found in Amazonia, but also in Egypt, China, etc... All over the world... Maybe as the legacy Lemurian or Atlantean civlizations have left us, who knows?...
      -/-
      Have also found a great French film/documentary on Emule and other torrents called "Terra Preta, le Tresor de l'Amazonie"
      -/-
      http://bioconversion.blogspot.com/2006/10/terra-preta-black-is-new-green.html
      http://e-terrapretarooftopexp.blogspot.com/
      http://www.stand-center.com/terrapreta.html
      etc etc etc

      -/-
      Wim Sombroek & the already mentioned Johannes Lehman will produce great links if you do a bit of websearching under their names (and the results will include the main www.css.cornell.edu/faculty/lehmann/terra_preta/TerraPretahome.htm and www.geo.uni-bayreuth.de/bodenkunde/terra_preta)

      Dja ne, happy researching and farming!
      Genki de,
      Bis bald (I'll come visit and bring you the comfrey roots + nettle and borage seeds before I leave)
      Elsa

    • Dieter Brand
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        Elsa,

        Yes, we finally do get a little rain, far too late though.
        It should have come in November.

        Sounds that you have made up your mind about leaving.
        Lets get together soon. Will be busy for two more weeks.
        I can pick you up if you want to see our place, the road
        is a little rough. Mind you, there isn't much to see, just
        our little mud hut. We will have to die of shame when
        comparing it to your palace.

        Cheers,
        Dieter