Re: [fukuoka_farming]

  • Chris Sawyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2001
      I think that red clover, if my resources are correct will produce the most
      nutrients. It also has a root that can penetrate up to 8 feet. One must
      inoculate the seed to get the nitrogen fixation rate. I have used it for
      several years as our cover crop and now it is everywhere. It also grows taller
      than the white and works better at crowding out some weeds. Of course the
      perennial weeds will not be affected by most any attempts at smothering with
      cover crops.