Re: [fukuoka_farming] Animals in the landscape

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 23, 2008
      Greetings,
      My soil is heavy clay with about 3 inches of top soil now, none when I
      bought 15 years ago. Our rain fall average is around 45 inches a year,
      but we tend to get it all at once, so we are a mud pit, then none for
      months. The worst I have seen was less than an inch in 16 months. We
      have the low spot in the land scape, all our neighbors drain onto our
      land. This is a problem we are working to block as they are all
      chemical farmers. My cows are small, minatures they are called. I would
      have trouble running 3 full size cows in the area I have 6 small ones.
      The small cows don't cause the compaction of my soil like the full size
      ones do.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim