RE: [fukuoka_farming] GRAZING

  • Shinya Erica
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23 9:02 AM
      Dear Raju ji,

      Thank you for sharing Fukuoka`s comment to your questions.

      `So many people in India are against of Fukuoka because of Cow philosophy.
      But when I asked him this question he replied that I am not against
      keeping animals I want that people should rear elephant for that good
      green land is required.`

      When he mentioned about elephant and green land, he thought how we can stop desertification, too.

      It is said that if we can reduce the consumption of meat, we can save the forest or, we can share
      food with many people by using pasture as the field of crops or vegetables.

      I like the Gandhi`s word, `Live simply so that others can live.`

      I want to be mindful how we can share nature(air, water, food, etc.) through Natural Farming.
      And I want to learn from Nature by learning Natural Farming.

      Fukuoka`s Philosophy, poeple has no power to grow, nature can grow by itself tells that how we can be humble
      in nature. If people aware that, we can appreciate what we can have, mainly not that we can made by ourself,
      and naturally we can be fulfilled by simple living. And then we can share our nature with many people.

      Thanks,
      Erica

      To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      From: rajuktitus@...
      Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:21:01 +0530
      Subject: [fukuoka_farming] GRAZING

      Dear friends,

      Before N.F. I was keeping cows and sailing milk. At that

      time I was tilling and also grazing cows in farm and religiously

      giving back cow dung to farm. , but I found regular depletion in the

      fertility.Farm was running in loss.

      When I got the idea of N.F. I stopped tilling and removed

      all cows. Within few years my land become green and rich. But two time

      faced fire accident. My family members told you are not keeping cows

      but most of the green which you are preserving going in to fire why

      don,t you keep few milch animal for domestic purpose. So again I

      purchased few buffaloes for domestic as well as for sailing milk to

      maintain economy. But again I found same problem with in few years I

      found depletion in fertility so again I stopped rearing cows.

      Now I am keeping only one Buffalo for milk for our use but

      still not satisfied.I found loss of trees. So I am going again to stop

      keeping Buffalo and Will keep few Goats to reduce loss of trees.

      So many people in India are against of Fukuoka because of Cow philosophy.

      But when I asked him this question he replied that I am not against

      keeping animals I want that people should rear elephant for that good

      green land is required.

      Raju