Re: [fukuoka_farming] thanks bob!

  • Xavier Dequaire
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
      Make it simple!!!

      you can use cheques at amazone.fr !
      See http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/526770/ref=cs_faq_h_3_2/402-0930426-3643368
      and english books are availibles there too.
      Then you avois transatlantic shipping costs and can pay directly in Euro-
      makes things easier I guess.

      Xavier

      13.06.2002 01:25:33, Robert Monie <bobm20001@...> a �crit:

      > �: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > De: Robert Monie <bobm20001@...>
      > Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
      > Sujet:Re: [fukuoka_farming] thanks bob!
      >

      > Reply:
      > You're welcome, Emilia. Somehow I missed Eric Grissell's book, but it looks
      > excellent and I will buy a copy soon, probably by money order from American
      > amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com)
      > I buy books regularly from amazon.com and never use a credit card with
      > them. They have Grissell's "Insects and Gardens: In Pursuit of a Garden
      > Ecology" for sale for $20.97. If you add it to your shopping cart and check
      > out, you will see on the right side of the screen an option called "Payment
      > Method." If you mouse click "Change," you can then elect to "Pay by check
      > or money order." Amazon.com will accept checks from France, so long as the
      > checks are drawn on American banks and payable in American dollars. When you
      > make a purchase this way, amazon sends their mailing address to you via
      > email, and you just send them a check or money order for the purchase. No
      > credit card is necessary. The only hitch in this scheme is that if you have
      > to draw on American banks in France, those banks will probably add a big
      > service charge.
      > I confirmed with customer service at American amazon.com that no credit card
      > is necessary to open an account with them or to buy books from them on
      > Internet. Their phone number in Seattle is 206-266-2992.
      > Amazon.fr in France (http://www.amazon.fr )also has Eric Grissell's book for
      > EUR 34,79.
      > Best wishes,
      > Bob Monie
      >
      > emilia <emhaz@...> wrote: great info u've given...i had seen
      > the video 'life in the soil" years ago &
      > wanted to get a copy but didn't know how, now i know...& haven't had time as
      > yet to read the 15 pgs of the steve divers essay, but it looks really
      > interesting, thanks!
      > &...i'm trying to purchase a book but can't find a bookstore on line that
      > will accept a us$-bank-check (& i refuse to have a credit card)...could
      > somebody give me the address of a book store in the states accepting checks?
      > (the book i'm trying to get is: "insects & gardens: in pursuit of a garden
      > ecology" by eric grissell,( & unfortunetly timber press in the us won't sell
      > to people in europe, & barnes&noble don't want checks & amazon don't carry
      > it & etc. etc.)....

      For bedre kommunikasjon og l�ring:
      For en b�rekraftig utvikling
      XDi, X a v i e r D E Q U A I R E i n t e r a k t i v
      phone: (+47) 66 84 79 83
      CBT/Multimedia---anvendt e-learning-
      MAC og PC-forhandler
      Forhandler av en glimrende urtedrikk
      http://www.futurich.com

      "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

      In case you were in doubt about Monsanto's motives for producing GE crops:
      A Monsanto official told the New York Times, October 25, 1998, that
      the corporation should not have to take responsibility for the safety of its food products.
      "Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food,"
      said Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of corporate communications.
      "Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is the FDA's job."
      (GE = Genetically Engineered)
      (FDA = Food and Drugs Administration)