Re: [fukuoka_farming] thanks bob!

  • emilia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
      great info u've given...i had seen the video 'life in the soil" years ago &
      wanted to get a copy but didn't know how, now i know...& haven't had time as
      yet to read the 15 pgs of the steve divers essay, but it looks really
      interesting, thanks!
      &...i'm trying to purchase a book but can't find a bookstore on line that
      will accept a us$-bank-check (& i refuse to have a credit card)...could
      somebody give me the address of a book store in the states accepting checks?
      (the book i'm trying to get is: "insects & gardens: in pursuit of a garden
      ecology" by eric grissell,( & unfortunetly timber press in the us won't sell
      to people in europe, & barnes&noble don't want checks & amazon don't carry
      it & etc. etc.)....
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
        Hello there,

        There appeared to be copies listed at these sites. They list sites
        that sell both new and used books. Be sure to check both sites as not
        all services are on both. If you have any problems I will see to it
        that you get your book.

        < http://www.bookfinder.com/ >
        < http://www.used.addall.com/ >

        Good luck!

        Jerry

        --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., "emilia" <emhaz@l...> wrote:
        > great info u've given...i had seen the video 'life in the soil"
        years ago &
        > wanted to get a copy but didn't know how, now i know...& haven't
        had time as
        > yet to read the 15 pgs of the steve divers essay, but it looks
        really
        > interesting, thanks!
        > &...i'm trying to purchase a book but can't find a bookstore on
        line that
        > will accept a us$-bank-check (& i refuse to have a credit
        card)...could
        > somebody give me the address of a book store in the states
        accepting checks?
        > (the book i'm trying to get is: "insects & gardens: in pursuit of a
        garden
        > ecology" by eric grissell,( & unfortunetly timber press in the us
        won't sell
        > to people in europe, & barnes&noble don't want checks & amazon
        don't carry
        > it & etc. etc.)....
        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jack Finefroc
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
          If it's a check in US funds, email Dailey@... or call 740 427
          5633 or write Susan Dailey, Trade Book Manager, Kenyon College
          Bookstore, Farr Hall, P.O. Box 231, Gambier, Ohio 43022 USA. $9.00 will
          cover global air to most places, and 6-7 dollars US will normally cover
          very slow surface shipping. They ship internationally every day, and
          answer the phones 7:30 AM to 11 PM Eastern Standard Time US. Timber
          Press is a great publisher, and the store has more than 3,000 direct
          accounts with publishers, including Timber Press. Jack.

        • Robert Monie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
            Reply:
            You're welcome, Emilia. Somehow I missed Eric Grissell's book, but it looks excellent and I will buy a copy soon, probably by money order from American amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com)
            I buy books regularly from amazon.com and never use a credit card with them. They have Grissell's "Insects and Gardens: In Pursuit of a Garden Ecology" for sale for $20.97. If you add it to your shopping cart and check out, you will see on the right side of the screen an option called "Payment Method." If you mouse click "Change," you can then elect to "Pay by check or money order." Amazon.com will accept checks from France, so long as the checks are drawn on American banks and payable in American dollars. When you make a purchase this way, amazon sends their mailing address to you via email, and you just send them a check or money order for the purchase. No credit card is necessary. The only hitch in this scheme is that if you have to draw on American banks in France, those banks will probably add a big service charge.
            I confirmed with customer service at American amazon.com that no credit card is necessary to open an account with them or to buy books from them on Internet. Their phone number in Seattle is 206-266-2992.
            Amazon.fr in France (http://www.amazon.fr )also has Eric Grissell's book for EUR 34,79.
            Best wishes,
            Bob Monie

            emilia <emhaz@...> wrote: great info u've given...i had seen the video 'life in the soil" years ago &
            wanted to get a copy but didn't know how, now i know...& haven't had time as
            yet to read the 15 pgs of the steve divers essay, but it looks really
            interesting, thanks!
            &...i'm trying to purchase a book but can't find a bookstore on line that
            will accept a us$-bank-check (& i refuse to have a credit card)...could
            somebody give me the address of a book store in the states accepting checks?
            (the book i'm trying to get is: "insects & gardens: in pursuit of a garden
            ecology" by eric grissell,( & unfortunetly timber press in the us won't sell
            to people in europe, & barnes&noble don't want checks & amazon don't carry
            it & etc. etc.)....
            > Steve Diver of ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer
            > for Rural Areas)in Fayetteville, Arkansas, has posted
            > a thoughful summary of Mokichi Okada's nature farming
            > techniques as compared with Fukuoka's natural farming.
            >

            > Steve Diver's essay can be read at
            >
            > http://ncatark.uark.edu/~steved/Nature-Farm-EM.html
            >
            > Nature farming places great importance on direct
            > control of the mircroorganisms in the soil through the
            > use of a complex microbial root innoculant mixture
            > called "EM." Adherents of nature farming take special
            > care not to claim any credit for Fukuoka's ideas,
            > which they recognize as valuable though quite separate
            > from their own. The video "Life in the Soil" is
            > popular among the nature farmers, since it shows
            > dramatically the symbiotic relationships of root and
            > innoculant.
            >
            > Robert Monie

          • Xavier Dequaire
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 12, 2002
              Make it simple!!!

              you can use cheques at amazone.fr !
              See http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/526770/ref=cs_faq_h_3_2/402-0930426-3643368
              and english books are availibles there too.
              Then you avois transatlantic shipping costs and can pay directly in Euro-
              makes things easier I guess.

              Xavier

              13.06.2002 01:25:33, Robert Monie <bobm20001@...> a �crit:

              > �: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > De: Robert Monie <bobm20001@...>
              > Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
              > Sujet:Re: [fukuoka_farming] thanks bob!
              >

              > Reply:
              > You're welcome, Emilia. Somehow I missed Eric Grissell's book, but it looks
              > excellent and I will buy a copy soon, probably by money order from American
              > amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com)
              > I buy books regularly from amazon.com and never use a credit card with
              > them. They have Grissell's "Insects and Gardens: In Pursuit of a Garden
              > Ecology" for sale for $20.97. If you add it to your shopping cart and check
              > out, you will see on the right side of the screen an option called "Payment
              > Method." If you mouse click "Change," you can then elect to "Pay by check
              > or money order." Amazon.com will accept checks from France, so long as the
              > checks are drawn on American banks and payable in American dollars. When you
              > make a purchase this way, amazon sends their mailing address to you via
              > email, and you just send them a check or money order for the purchase. No
              > credit card is necessary. The only hitch in this scheme is that if you have
              > to draw on American banks in France, those banks will probably add a big
              > service charge.
              > I confirmed with customer service at American amazon.com that no credit card
              > is necessary to open an account with them or to buy books from them on
              > Internet. Their phone number in Seattle is 206-266-2992.
              > Amazon.fr in France (http://www.amazon.fr )also has Eric Grissell's book for
              > EUR 34,79.
              > Best wishes,
              > Bob Monie
              >
              > emilia <emhaz@...> wrote: great info u've given...i had seen
              > the video 'life in the soil" years ago &
              > wanted to get a copy but didn't know how, now i know...& haven't had time as
              > yet to read the 15 pgs of the steve divers essay, but it looks really
              > interesting, thanks!
              > &...i'm trying to purchase a book but can't find a bookstore on line that
              > will accept a us$-bank-check (& i refuse to have a credit card)...could
              > somebody give me the address of a book store in the states accepting checks?
              > (the book i'm trying to get is: "insects & gardens: in pursuit of a garden
              > ecology" by eric grissell,( & unfortunetly timber press in the us won't sell
              > to people in europe, & barnes&noble don't want checks & amazon don't carry
              > it & etc. etc.)....

              For bedre kommunikasjon og l�ring:
              For en b�rekraftig utvikling
              XDi, X a v i e r D E Q U A I R E i n t e r a k t i v
              phone: (+47) 66 84 79 83
              CBT/Multimedia---anvendt e-learning-
              MAC og PC-forhandler
              Forhandler av en glimrende urtedrikk
              http://www.futurich.com

              "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

              In case you were in doubt about Monsanto's motives for producing GE crops:
              A Monsanto official told the New York Times, October 25, 1998, that
              the corporation should not have to take responsibility for the safety of its food products.
              "Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food,"
              said Phil Angell, Monsanto's director of corporate communications.
              "Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is the FDA's job."
              (GE = Genetically Engineered)
              (FDA = Food and Drugs Administration)