Re: [fukuoka_farming] The problem with the birds.

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2008
      Dear Adin,
      This problem arise when we sow seeds directly or by seed balls in the
      shortage of dry mulch or green standing cover.Birds see and pickup
      seeds.Inthis situation you can seed by dibbling make hole in wet land
      put seed
      minimum 1/2 inch deep.Second you can sow in lines make line by sharp knife
      and put seed in and cover.You can also use Zero tillage seed drill for large
      area.Birds or rats also take out seeds from seed balls at the time of
      germination in the absence of ground cover.If you do not want do this than
      sow very small seeds of some ground cover crop first than do direct
      seeding.Eating leaf by birds also due to shortage of leafy cover in garden.
      Thanks
      Raju