Re: [fukuoka_farming] Seeking natural farmers in Asia and Oceania

  • Kyle Holzhueter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2002
      Rajaram,

      Thank you for contacting me. I will let you know how my plans develop. Do
      you know if the Friends Rural Centre at Rasulia in Hoshangabad district,
      Madhya Pradesh is still practicing natural farming?

      Kyle

      >we (my wife and i) are just starting out to do natural farming on a two
      >acre plot in a remote village in south india and will keep you posted on
      >how things are going. meanwhile, there are a number of organic farmers in
      >india, but sadly not many natural farmers. one of them is cherkady
      >ramachandra rao near udupi, karnataka, india who i am told has been doing
      >wonders on a one hectare plot for the past four decades...one, i have
      >visited near kollegal, karnataka, owned by kailash murthy grows mango,
      >drumstick, areca, mulberry and coconut. not much other variety.
      > rajaram
      >
      >At 12:58 AM 5/16/02 +0000, you wrote:
      > >I would like to contact people practicing natural farming in Asia and
      > >Oceania, i.e. India, Thailand, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, etc. I
      >teach
      > >English in Wakayama-Prefecture, Japan. After school and on the weekends
      > >work with Mr. Hashimoto, an organic vegetable and rice farmer. Mr.
      > >Hashimoto has one no-till field following Mr. Kawaguchi�fs method. Mr.
      > >Kawaguchi uses permanent raised beds and cover crops for weed control and
      > >green manure. Mr. Hashimoto and I would like to try Mr. Fukuoka�fs
      >method
      > >of direct seeding no-tillage rice-barley succession and semi-wild
      >vegetable
      > >production. I would like to visit people practicing natural farming in
      >Asia
      > >and/or Oceania. Any information regarding natural farming in Asia and
      > >Oceania would be greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > >Sincerely,
      > >Kyle Holzhueter

    • emilia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2002
        hello Kyle,
        could u please tell us more about Mr. Hashimoto's work?
        and do u live far from Fukuoka-san? would perhaps be possible for u to meet
        him, his family in relation to the future of his work, his books?