Invitation to view Raju's Picasa Web Album - NO-TILL FARMING

  • Raju
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2008
      Dear friends,
      I think Fukuoka's way of farming getting roots in the form of No-Till
      farming.So many farmers growing crops in crop residues without
      tilling.Productivity and quality of farming is improving.The problem of
      Global warming and climate change is directly related with Tilling of
      land for food.-Raju

      http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus/NOTILLFARMING

    • Anders Skarlind
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2008
        Thankyou Raju
        Very nice photos. Are they from your farm?
        The last photo shows drilling seeds into the soil. As I understand
        it, this can be a suitable compromise in many conditions even if it
        means working the soil a little.
        Regards
        Anders Skarlind

        At 11:41 2008-01-05, you wrote:
        >Dear friends,
        >I think Fukuoka's way of farming getting roots in the form of No-Till
        >farming.So many farmers growing crops in crop residues without
        >tilling.Productivity and quality of farming is improving.The problem of
        >Global warming and climate change is directly related with Tilling of
        >land for food.-Raju
        >
        >http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus/NOTILLFARMING
      • Raju Titus
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2008
          Dear friends,
          Thank you very much for viewing album.This is not my farm I collected these photos from internet,from different different farms to show that farmers adopting No till farming.
          Raju

          At 11:41 2008-01-05, you wrote:
          >Dear friends,
          >I think Fukuoka's way of farming getting roots in the form of No-Till
          >farming.So many farmers growing crops in crop residues without
          >tilling.Productivity and quality of farming is improving.The problem of
          >Global warming and climate change is directly related with Tilling of
          >land for food.-Raju
          >
          > http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus/NOTILLFARMING
        • Gavin Venn
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008
            Dear Raju,

            I have land in North Spain. The land has not been cultivated for 10 years. Over the past 2 years I have simply cut the grasses and weeds and left it to compost on the fields. I would like to start growing some crops. The weed cover is very thick. Any advice?

            Best wishes,
            Gavin

            Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote: Dear friends,