New to the group from Chile.

  • alffa1313
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
      Hello to all in the group,I recently come to know about this new
      form of agriculture,and I been doing some research,trought the web
      mostly ,looking to learn more about this new theory. I live in one of
      the fertil valleys that exist in the Atacama Desert (The Huasco
      Valley),I think with the technics of Mr. Fukuoka and Emilia Hazelip
      this could be a paradise.I will apreciate any direction concerning
      information (I been looking for some time the Emilia hazelip
      video),I'm specially interested in the proyects to reforest desertic
      areas and the plant variety best suited to our climatic
      conditions.Well I thanks in advance,and I will be waiting for your
      kind response.Aurelia Campos
    • Robert Monie
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
        Hi Aurelia,

        Permaculture Activist still advertises Hazelip's "Synergistic Garden" video in English,
        Spanish, and French on their website-- http://www.permacultureactivist.net .

        (Actual hit at http://www.permacultureactivist.net/booksvid/vid%20dvd%20cd.htm. )
        I don't know about making a paradise of Earth, but natural farming certainly can make useful landscapes and grow some food once the soil supports it (which can take several years).

        If you read the archives to this list, I believe you will find several contributors have some things to say that might be just as valuable to you as the work of Ms. Hazelip.
        An emergent theme in the last year or so has been the diversity inherent in finding
        ways to adapt Fukuoka's work to areas as diverse as Portugal and the United States.
        Only growing actual plants in local soil can indicate the path such efforts will take and the way is filled with surprises. Come join in the fun!

        Bob Monie
        New Orleans, LA

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2007
          Thanks for your response, that link solve my problem .Thank again.