Re: [fukuoka_farming] Masanobu Fukuoka's books

  • Dieter Brand
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
      Mark,

      I don't believe there are any bilingual versions of Fukuoka's books.
      Anyway, from a linguistic point of view his books are not really ideal
      for a student of the Japanese language. I believe his books in
      English are out of print. There may be some pirated copies in
      India. Otherwise, there is only second hand. You can of course
      download the PDF files for "One Straw Revolution" and "Natural
      Farming" from Steve Solomon's online library at:

      http://www.soilandhealth.org

      Last I heard, his books are still in print in Japanese at
      Shunju-sha in Tokyo. There are 7 volumes. I can send
      you the Japanese titles and ISBNs if you are interested.

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal

      markjbold <markjbold@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone, I'm new to the list and am doing this on behalf of a
      student at the University of Toronto in Canada. At the moment, I'm
      doing a graduate degree in librarianship, and a student was looking for
      an answer to a question about Masanobu Fukuoka's books that I've been
      unable to answer so far, so was hoping you all would be able to give me
      an idea. Here's the question:

      Are any of Masanobu Fukuoka's books bi-lingual? That is, are any of his
      books printed with Japanese on one side and the English translation on
      the other?

      I've searched a lot of different places but with no luck. If anyone has
      an idea, please pass it on, I (and the student) would really appreciate
      it.
      Thank you,
      Mark Bold