Re: [fukuoka_farming] Dryland Mangement

  • Jack Finefroc
    Message 1 of 16 , May 28, 2002
      Dear Souscayrous:
      Thank you for your kind message. I think the balance between
      inclusion and exclusion of the world, is a day by day balance, or even a
      minute by minute balance. At different times one is more or less
      sensitive, vunerable, or creative, and these states can take different
      tempos of engagment or disengagement at different times. Silence is a
      friend in the garden, and personal example can speak loudly and
      convincingly without words. Although, I would like to convince others of
      what I'm doing, I first have to convince myself. And I am blundering
      along, making ridiculous mistakes, not knowing what I should know to do
      this, and not at all convinced that what I am doing is right. In fact, I
      am amazed when something works! The garden helps me recover from work,
      and to return to work, and to my house, a better person, usually. It's
      perspective that the garden and time in the garden give. I don't know if
      one can exclude the world; reality comes and batters down the doors of
      reverie. And now to help unload a truck, except that the phone rang.
      Jack.