Visit to Japan

  • Varanashi Krishna Moorthy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2002
      Greetings from Varanashis.

      I am happy to inform that I will be travelling to Canada to participate
      at IFOAM 2002 - 14th Organic World Congress to be held at Victoria, Canada
      from 21 to 25, Aug. 2002. My wife and colleague Mrs. Ashwini Krishna
      Moorthy will accompany me. Our paper titled "Varanashi Farms towards
      Organic and Sustainable Agriculture" has been accepted for
      oral presentation in session "Organic Farming Around the World: Model
      Farms". It is a great occasion for us to share our experience. We are
      happy that our efforts have received recognition. Immediately after the
      Congress, we plan to make a tour of Canada and USA followed by
      Japan,Singapore,Malaysia and Indonesia. Meeting Scientists, farmers and Food
      and Spice
      marketers is main purpose of the tour. We want to interact with as many
      people as possible. If possible, we like sharing our experience with group
      of interested people.
      We have experience in following fields:
      1. Organic farming.
      2. Compost production (A new method known as VRF Method is developed by us).
      3. Water harvesting techniques.
      4. Bio fertilizers & Bio pesticides (Trichoderma).
      5. Cultivation and processing of Vanilla and Cocoa,
      We are sure people will be interested to hear us in one or more of above
      subjects. The lecture/workshop could be given with slide/multi media
      presentation.

      I request the interested people in Japan and other countries of our visit
      to contact us. mail their e-mail addresses to me. We are also looking for
      a prolonged
      interaction and information exchange in our field of work.
      The enclosure 1 to 4 gives more information.
      Our tentative programme is as follows:
      Aug. 18 - Arrive at Seattle
      Aug. 19 to 25 - IFOAM 2002 Victoria, Canada
      From Aug. 26 onwards 15-20 days USA/Canada
      On our return journey to India, we plan to have stop over at Japan(Sept. 2nd
      week).If possible we want to visit Fukuoka"s farm. Kindly let us know
      details.

      (Dr. Varanashi Krishna Moorthy)
      Varanashi Research Foundation
      Adyanadka 574 260
      DK Karnataka
      India
      E-mail:
      vrf@...
      varanashi@...

      Following Annexure in attached file

      1. Copy of the paper to be presented at IFOAM 2002
      2. Bio data of Varanashi Krishna Moorthy
      3. Bio data of Ashwini Krishna Moorthy
      4. VRF - write up