Re: Morishima Acacia.

  • karoubas
    Message 1 of 37 , Oct 14, 2007
      Hi Deiter,
      I forgot to mention I updated the www.naturalfarming.us site, and it
      includes photos from the seed ball meeting

    • Jason Stewart
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 3 9:09 AM
        Dear friend Raju,

        Some understanding, some misunderstanding, you had of that post of mine.

        Black Wattle Acacia mearnsii ≠ Subabul (Leucana leucocephala)

        Subabul (Leucana leucocephala) seems Okay to me in your farm from all your
        photos and your words i've seen.

        I did not say nor quote any words about Subabul (Leucana leucocephala).

        The word science (originally) means: to know - at it's most basic.
        Great Spirit God understands knows much what we humans do not understand know.
        Scientists took Acacia mearnsii Black Wattle to India, in Kerala state, creating
        the problem, and then wrote up about that problem in that paper. There is no
        reason to use it in India at all, or for Acacia mearnsii Black Wattle to grow in
        India at all, Great Spirit God did not provide it in to India.

        Of course, Mr. Fukuoka sensei was by the way an excellent botanist, using
        correct names for plants throughout his books - correct common names - so that
        we all people all around the world are enabled by him to communicate and
        understand what he says and what he means in terms of plant names.

        Separately and more generally from above,
        A small quote from Mr. Fukuoka sensei
        * 1992
        wara ippon no kakumei・sōkatsuhen 「kami to shizen to hito no kakumei」
        (わら一本お革命・総括編 「神と自然と人と革命」?);
        Self-published by Shizenjuen (Shou Shin Sha) (自然樹園 (小心舎)?,
        One of Mr. Fukuoka's own self-publishing-publisher-names) in 1992 Dec.,
        230 pp., 26×26cm ISBN 978-4938743017; ISBN 4938743019.
        --* 1996 "The Ultimatium [sic] of GOD NATURE The One-Straw Revolution A
        -Mr. Fukuoka himself commissioned this English-retranslation and printing in an
        extremely limited edition, less than 100 copies, no ISBN,
        printed by the author hence the publisher name is, quote: "S h o u S h i n S h a
        -from page 66:
        Of course, the fundamental idea behind the natural farming method is the
        *dharma* (natural law) of do-nothing nature.
        " - It is Mr. Fukuoka sensei's emphasis using stars * where he writes it in

        The same sentence quoting Mr. Fukuoka sensei, in his own Japanese from:
        * 2001
        wara ippon no kakumei sōkatsuhen -nendo dango no tabi-
        (わら一本の革命 総括編 —粘土団子の旅—?);
        Self-published by Shizenjuen (Shou Shin Sha) (自然樹園 (小心舎)?, One of Mr. Fukuoka's
        own self-publishing-publisher-names) in 2001 May,
        hundreds of captioned photographs from his farm and travels all around Earth,
        reproduced drawings & diagrams, and
        a full book of text pages also,
        271 pp., A4 30x21cm, ISBN 978-4938743024; ISBN 4938743027;
        Re-published in 2010 April by Shunjūsha (春秋社?) ISBN 978-4393741511.
        --* Title translation only: The One Straw Revolution Recapitulation -Journeying
        [around Earth] with clay seed balls-. In Japanese only, not translated (yet).:

        自然農法 - nature farming
        無為自然 - in Dharma (natural law [buddhist terms]) meaning unconditioned nature or
        "do-nothing" nature.

        Another parallel Japanese and translated-into-English-by-Mr.-Fukuoka-sensei

        [Japanese (1992):] 私は西洋j人から “do nothingの男” と言われるが、ただ時計を捨てただけである。
        [Mr. Fukuoka sensei's own commissioned translation to English (1996):]
        Westerners call me a "do-nothing man", but I simply threw away my watch. In
        fact, fool that I am, I even discarded the Buddha."

        No one is a guru! No idols! Not any one of us! Idolatry! Most important to not
        oneself let one's self get put up on a pedastal by those around us. Pedastal
        means to stand above, higher, than people around us, eg. a guru. This compassion
        for each of our true identities consisting of connections, continuities, of
        identity as a part within nature, rather than of ego(s), makes major compassion
        for all, including especially particularly for all around us who have been
        trying to put us up on a pedastal, when i/we want them all to raise themselves
        to no ego and identify with as a part of nature.

        Mr. Fukuoka sensei himself in his genuine genius still steadfastly remained true
        that he himself is not perfect, not a perfect example. His admission of this is
        part of his genius!
        This is also classic Japanese-cultural humility.
        Also it is true in a dharma (natural law) sense that all of us humans however
        enlightened, we are not, cannot be absolutely perfect.
        The Dalai Lama comes even closer but still is not so by his own admission.
        Mother Theresa comes closer but still is not. Sin if you like to call it that.
        I'm critical friend Raju of your shrill comments toward scientists.
        I don't like science either, but i want everyone to work with scientists.
        i want yo to call it bad science, and to call bad scientists bad scientist, of
        which there is much & many. Mr. Fukuoka sensei in the sense of the word science
        meaning to know remained a Mu philosopher, natural-Buddhist, natural-Christian,
        wrote some sympathetically of Islam, etcetera and a good scientist, and
        Oriental-natural-philosophy based good scientist. Even if: to know - means to
        recognise and know nothing.
        Not a western philosophy based scientist. That's a good distinction to make for
        all. For example Rene Descartes (Western philosophy originator) was wrong!
        I'm not a western philosophy based scientist.
        If i know that i have even better evidence regarding nature, than the
        scientists, then what am I?
        I'm a bushie -a bushman, here in south-eastern Oz, over all of my professional
        career in nature-restoration, natural history, computing (GIS), etc..
        So if i do actually have better evidence regarding nature than the scientists
        then i should and i do work with the scientists to *help them* to understand
        better -- most importantly to *help them* to appreciate the unknown, for example
        dharma nothingness Mr. Fukuoka sensei called "無" (Mu), and the lesser the
        uncertainties. The unknown and the uncertainties as information.

        Dear friend Raju, if only i could reply for you in Hindi!

        Biggest best wishes,

        SE Oz