Re: [fukuoka_farming] New to list

  • Rex Teague
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2002
      On 23 May 02, blugra wrote:
      ---8<---
      > I've been debating now for quite a while wheter to sell the land
      > or make the effort to convert the farmers. Moving there is not
      > a choice. If I sell the land the most likely event is it will be
      > sold into an agribusiness concern...more likely the hog industry
      > which is moving in there. The locals are finally beginning to
      > resist and are doing all within their power to stop further
      > enchroachment by the factory animal farms. But any new farm up for
      > sale gets bought up. So I hold on to the land, and hope somehow
      > to gradually persuade the farmers to switch.

      Blu... send them a subscription to "Acres USA" a very influential 'eco-
      agricultural' newspaper. See http://www.acresusa.com if you are not
      familiar with it.

      They organise regular conferences in the USA.

      Cheerio... Rex

      (a longtime subscriber, although they can't answer their subscription
      renewal emails lately!!)
    • blugra
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2002
        SMILE: That was my christmas present to them this year! Next year I
        hope to locate a good organic conference near them and send them (if I
        can afford it).