Re: [fukuoka_farming] Personal observations (was Re: Thank You Carol)

  • Rex Teague
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2001
      Jim et al

      Like Larry your thoughtful post has stimulated a few observations
      from my neck of the woods too. 8<)

      On 19 Oct 01, Jim Bones wrote: (heavily snipped)

      > Thank you Carol, for sending us Wendell's thoughts. I hope those
      > who think they are at the controls just now have a chance to see
      > and meditate on them.

      Wendell Berry's writing appeals to me immensely and at the risk of
      stating the obvious he did write the preface to 'The One-Straw
      Revolution' as published by Rodale.

      > I would like to offer the following personal observations. It may
      > help to step back a little and see the current global political events
      > unfolding in the context of world ecology and with a geological
      > reference for time. We are in the midst of a major, mass species
      > extinction. Thousands of ways of life are disappearing each day, most
      > too small to merit our star struck preference for glamorous creatures
      > in fur coats with beautiful teeth. But it is largely these "little
      > people", the microbes, one celled and tiny multicelled creatures, that
      > maintain the living cycles of the earth. They are taking big hits
      > everywhere, everyday without letup, wherever we are "developing unused
      > land". Watch out for the fast talk? Every place is already somebody's
      > home.

      Have you considered the possibility of pleomorphism/polymorphism
      and 'intent'? A few suggestive snippets:

      From: http://www.explorepub.com/articles/enderlein3.html

      "The first and probably most disastrous error originates from
      Ferdinand Cohn, who in 1870 proclaimed that all microbes and
      bacteria have only one form (Monomorphism). This was also taught
      by Louis Pasteur. This teaching was opposed to the teaching of
      Antoine Bechamp who, roughly at the same time, could demonstrate
      that microbes can alter their form and appear as different germs
      (pleomorphism). Enderlein basically confirmed this and many other
      researchers after him."

      From: http://www.explorepub.com/articles/coyle_10_3.html

      Polymorphism is a fact, certainly in some species of microorganisms
      (especially fungal), and is clearly demonstrable microscopically with
      the proper equipment.

      And on 'intent' Yogananda speaks about Luther Burbank

      'When I met Luther Burbank, he showed me a walnut tree and said,
      "I took off more than 100 years from its usual period of growth. I
      grew that tree in 12 years." Burbank also made almomds have soft
      shells, made over the tomato, and created the shasta daisy from
      bulbs and the cactus without thorns. In primitive times the different
      animals used to eat the cactus, so the cactus developed protective
      thorns. When one life begins to hurt another, that life develops
      weapons of defense. Burbank told me that during his experiments in
      developing the spineless cactus, every day he went into the garden
      and talked to the barbed plants: "Please, beloved cactus, I am Luther
      Burbank, your friend. I am not going to hurt you at all, so why
      develop thorns?" And so the thornless cactus was developed. By
      talking, by attention, by thought force and knowledge of nature's
      laws, you can impress certain vibrations on protoplasm, and thus
      consciously guide and hasten the process of evolution.'

      I'm optimistic about the process of 'Nature' as exemplified by
      Fukuoka's 'not doing' wisdom.

      Cheers... Rex
    • Bargyla Rateaver
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2001
        Dear Rex Teague, at last at last I get somewhere. This must be what I was
        hunting for and could not find. Is there anywhere else I can get more of
        rhis information? Especially i want to know, have you seen that enormous
        fragment of the Rife microscope? Long ago I was taken to a small house where
        it is housed--that part of it not destroyed? I'd like to go again. Who could
        take me to it?

        I am glad I have found you again. Please tell me where I can find you again
        when I need you. Thanks.
        ==========================

        Bargyla Rateaver
        http://home.earthlink.net/~brateaver

      • Rex Teague
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2001
          Hello Bargyla et al

          On 4 Nov 01, Bargyla Rateaver wrote:
          > Dear Rex Teague, at last at last I get somewhere. This must be
          > what I was hunting for and could not find. Is there anywhere else I
          > can get more of rhis information? Especially i want to know, have
          > you seen that enormous fragment of the Rife microscope? Long ago I
          > was taken to a small house where it is housed--that part of it not
          > destroyed? I'd like to go again. Who could take me to it?

          No I haven't seen any Rife microscope fragments but I share your
          curiosity about Rife's innovations. It is many years since I dropped off
          the Bare/Rife list, a number of people were attempting to reproduce
          his microscope and other equipment. A potted history of the
          microscope is available at http://www.rife.de/mscope/mscope1.htm.
          There is a reference to the possibility of one in private ownership in
          the USA... maybe what you have seen?

          Gaston Naessens has developed a very powerful microscope which
          he uses for his live blood/somatid research http://www.cerbe.com

          Michael Coyle whom I quoted briefly in my previous post offers
          courses in dark-field microscopy: http://www.nulifesciences.com

          > I am glad I have found you again. Please tell me where I can find
          > you again when I need you. Thanks.

          I don't reside in the USA but I'm happy to discuss the topic further...
          off-list!? 8<)

          Cheers... Rex
        • Bargyla Rateaver
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
            Thank you so very much, Rex Teague. I am so pleased to see you here, have
            wanted for a long time to find you. Hope you don't disappear.
            Years ago I was privileged to see, in a cottage, part of the enormous
            microscope, of which part has disappeared. I think it was from Rife??? I
            shall ask someone tomorrow.