Re: [fukuoka_farming] seeding in Greece

  • Dieter Brand
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2007
      Hi again,

      How about a seed-exchange? I can offer seeds of native
      perennials that thrive in the semi-arid climate of the South
      of Portugal without water in the Summer. I don't know
      the names for many of the plants, but they include
      trees like cork oaks, shrubs and bushes like cistus
      and a type lavender for clay soils they call "rosmaninho"
      around here. I would be interested in seeds from Greece
      or other places with a similar climate.

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal

      michiyoshibuya <michiyoshibuya@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      This is Michiyo again.
      (I don't know what happened to my previuos message
      which I thought I sent now)

      This is the schedule for the seeding in Greece:

      Sep. 29th-30th burned site on Mt. Pilion(100ha)
      Oct. 2,3,4th Evia(30ha)
      Oct. 9th, 10th Xylokastron (30ha)
      13th-14th Krestena
      17th-18th Corfu

      Clayball production workshop in Parnitha, Athens
      Oct. 6th

      If you are in Greece, please attend these seeding events.
      Another thing we can do is to give information to media people
      so that they can do articles on the seeding events.

      Maybe we can help Panos by sending seeds from where you are.

      If you are not in the EU country, the package should be smaller than
      2 kg, (for EU countries, I do not know if there is inspection? can
      anyone help me with more info?)

      Panos says that he has very much success in the rocky desert area
      with daikon and other oriental leaf vetegables(such as komatsuna,
      takana, etc), but I think that anyone can send what you think is the
      best.

      For those who are skeptical about seeding vegetalbes to mountain,
      please consider:if we leave these land as it is now, soon the top
      soil will be eroded to become a desert or the land will be purchased
      by individual or construction companies where they can freely build
      buildings with all sorts of exotic plants.

      You can send seeds to the following address:

      Panayotis Manikis
      "Natural Farming Center"
      Klisohori, Edessa Greece

      It might me helpful if you can send me a short message and tell me
      what seeds and how much you have sent so that I can keep track and
      try to supplement the varieties lacking.

      Michiyo