Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Map of natural farms and meeting

  • Dieter Brand
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 21, 2007
      Michiyo,

      Thanks for the detailed report, that is quite a change.

      You wrote:
      > ... on this mailing list, we see many new people
      > asking the same questions over and over and sometimes
      > no one is answering. ...

      A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) uploaded to the files
      section of this group would be the easiest way of addressing this
      problem. Any volunteers?

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal

    • Anuradha Desikan Eswar
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 21, 2007
        Hi Michiyo:

        This is Radha. You visited our place in Bangalore. Murali and I can help you set up the website if you could think out your requirements anytime.

        Warm regards
        Radha

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 23, 2007
            Hello Radha,

            Thank you for replying and volunteering to help.
            It will be most helpful if you can make a website or even just add
            up to this fukuoka farming site somehow
            on what's going on with natural farmers and clayball projects in
            India.
            I hear stories of India, but I do not have the whole image.
            How many natural farms do you know in India, and what do they grow
            and how do they grow? Do they use clayballs, Do they accept
            visitors? etc.
            And are there any ongoing clayball projects? How is your project
            going, how was the result of your last seeding, what were the
            difficulites? etc.

            Also how many of fukuoka's books are available, and in what language?

            Can other Indian people help to gather all the above information or
            is it already available somewhere?

            How about making a function with which people can add reports on
            their private visit to the natural farms in addition to the more
            official information of those farms?
            (sorry, it is so easy for me to just make a proposal and give work
            to others, but please do whatever you think you would like to do and
            you think it is helpful to people around you.)

            I think these information from each country will be helpful, but
            perhaps, it will be easier if someone try to gather information from
            his/her own country only and main purpose of the website is to give
            information to the people of that country, (of course, it is good if
            this can help foreign visiters as well). And when we know there are
            enough information from each country worth while to make the
            international website, we can try to sort out information. What do
            you think?

            Thank you Bob, for the map, you are right, the map grew a little
            bigger in my imagination, but I think the original idea for the map
            was very good and when we have enough people to contribute, we can
            for sure, make a better map.

            best wishes,
            Michiyo
          • Nandan Palaparambil
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

              > Also how many of fukuoka's books are available, and
              > in what language?

              One straw revolution, Back to Nature and Natural
              farming - theory and practice are available here. One
              straw revolution and Back to Nature are available in
              my local language Malayalam (Kerala state). Recently I
              talked to the C.P.Gangadharan who had translated One
              Straw revolution from English to Malayalam. To my
              surprise, I came to know that he is my school teacher
              and is near to my village.

              I heard that there is another Fukuoka book, is it
              available in India?

              > How about making a function with which people can
              > add reports on
              > their private visit to the natural farms in addition
              > to the more
              > official information of those farms?
              > (sorry, it is so easy for me to just make a proposal
              > and give work
              > to others, but please do whatever you think you
              > would like to do and
              > you think it is helpful to people around you.)

              This is a good suggestion, would like to attend such a
              function to meet like minded people.

              Regards,
              Nandan

            • rajutitus lal
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                It is not easy to get knowledge of natural farming by books ,meetings and seminars. It is better to practice natural farming may be in very small piece of land.- Raju

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                  Dear Raju,

                  Thanks for the valuable feedbacks.

                  Right now that is the only option. Presently I am in
                  Bangalore and is working in software industry and will
                  be continuing in this for another 6-7 years before
                  taking an early retirement at 45.

                  But my reading/talking to different people and this
                  mailing list has helped me to understand quite few
                  things and I understand it is only the first step.

                  Is there anyone maintaining a Fukuoka-san style farm
                  where people live and learn NF? Just having thoughts
                  if this style of farm can be managed, if we provide
                  food and accomodation. I am planning to buy some 4-5
                  acres of land, but I have to do remote management from
                  a distance of 500KM for 6-7 years before moving in to
                  this.

                  Regards,
                  Nandan

                  > It is not easy to get knowledge of natural farming
                  > by books ,meetings and seminars. It is better to
                  > practice natural farming may be in very small piece
                  > of land.- Raju

                  http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658
                • rajutitus lal
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                    Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote: Dear Raju,

                    Thanks for the valuable feedbacks.

                    Right now that is the only option. Presently I am in
                    Bangalore and is working in software industry and will
                    be continuing in this for another 6-7 years before
                    taking an early retirement at 45.

                    But my reading/talking to different people and this
                    mailing list has helped me to understand quite few
                    things and I understand it is only the first step.

                    Is there anyone maintaining a Fukuoka-san style farm
                    where people live and learn NF? Just having thoughts
                    if this style of farm can be managed, if we provide
                    food and accomodation. I am planning to buy some 4-5
                    acres of land, but I have to do remote management from
                    a distance of 500KM for 6-7 years before moving in to
                    this.
                    >My guru and a person who introduce fukuoka in India is living and doing farming in Bangalore He is Pertap Agerwal his mobile phone no is 9242984385 and email is-pertapsudesh@...
                    address is A-7 White field villa.Banglore.560066

                    Regards,
                    Nandan

                    > It is not easy to get knowledge of natural farming
                    > by books ,meetings and seminars. It is better to
                    > practice natural farming may be in very small piece
                    > of land.- Raju

                    http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658

                  • proportio_sesquitertia
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                      "paganinimic" wrote:

                      > On this matter I would ask you if you could contribute by sending me
                      > weblinks on natural agriculture experience or documentation existing
                      > in the internet.

                      Hello Michela,

                      Two notes by Michiyo Shibuya are helpful for me:

                      "Our seeding in Ashio went quite well with 13 participants. Thank you
                      all for your support.

                      "to report the result of my copper-mine seeding in the spring.

                    • Anuradha Desikan Eswar
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                        Dear Michiyo,

                        Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't checking mails for some time. We could help with any actual content management for a web site. As far as getting information about people in India is concerned, as you would have already noticed, Raju Bhai is a serious natural farmer here. Apart from him, there are a number of natural farmers who have followed natural farming based on their own traditional knowledge and experiments. Examples would be Dabholkar ji and Subhash Palekar ji. Anybody who googles their names will come across their works. Will you need such information? Then about translation of books....I do not know right away but could find out I guess. The project of seeding unnfortunately did not happen this year as many people shifted jobs or got transferred in the various organisations. BCIL is attempting to do it the coming monsoon. Let us wait and see.

                        This is the picture as I see it today. If anything further develops I shall let you know.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 28, 2007
                          Raju,

                          Thanks for contact details of Partap Aggarwal, I heave heard about him from different sources. Currently he is in Navadarshanam.

                          http://www.navadarshanam.org

                          Regards,
                          Nandan