is it possible to visit the fukuoka's farm in Shikoku ?

  • headpho
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2007
      hello

      In the books of master Fukuoka, he is talking about young people
      leaving in his farm. This is my dream to become one of them.
      Is that still possible ? (i'm going to japan in october)

      he start to getting old, so i'm worried.

      may be there is other farm where it is possible to leave, or to
      become apprentice ?
    • michiyoshibuya
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2007
        Fukuoka stopped hosting volunteers, I think, almost twenty years ago
        (is it correct information? someone please confirm?) and
        now he is completely retired and does not either host volunteers or
        attend his farm(I am confident about this.)

        You can still go visit or volunteer at his son's organic farm but it is
        very different from the natural farm Fukuoka described in his book.

        I will be visiting Masanobu Fukuoka to report him about the Greece
        meeting,
        leaving Tokyo on Oct. 12th. (date may change) You can contact me
        privately if you want to come along.

        Michiyo

        ps
        I do not think there is any farm in Japan which strictly follows
        Fukuoka style. You might be able to find organic farms or other types
        of natural farms where you can live, but I do not have any
        information. WWOOF might be the easiest start, and then maybe you can
        collect more information while you are travelling.
        If you want to learn Fukuoka style farming, for now, Panos' farm in
        Greece may be the only place you can live and learn.

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "headpho" <headpho@...> wrote:

        > hello
        >

        > In the books of master Fukuoka, he is talking about young people
        > leaving in his farm. This is my dream to become one of them.
        > Is that still possible ? (i'm going to japan in october)
        >
        > he start to getting old, so i'm worried.
        >

        > may be there is other farm where it is possible to leave, or to
        > become apprentice ?

      • Norm
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2007
          I visited Fukuoka early in 1984, already at that time the farm was
          closed...Norm.

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "michiyoshibuya"