Re: something practical

  • witchessocks
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 15 5:46 PM
      i went to andy's site and it IS nice. i especially enjoyed reading
      this page... be sure and click on the image... boy, i am looking
      forward to that happening on my land... just gorgeous!

      http://www.konsk.co.uk/design/regen.htm

      i'm glad they include deer because i couldn't keep them out on my
      land...not that i'd want to. i don't like wire fences... i cut mine
      into rectangles and squares of various sizes when i took it down; i
      fold these squares over double to form small or larger a-frames which
      i then set over my
      vegetables (like tomatoes, spinach, etc.) individually, so that the
      deer do not get them. that way, vegetables do not have to be put in a
      certain place, they could come up anywhere (like volunteers). and you
      can protect that
      individual plant from the deer. i don't stake my tomatoes, i let them
      crawl along the ground, and the plant balances itself in its own way.
      when there
      is clover and other soft short weeds around the tomato plant it will
      lean on these and spread out as it grows. i still don't like to see
      little or big wire a-frames here and there, but otherwise the deer will
      surely
      eat all my vegetables...and after the harvest you can just pick them
      up, stomp them flat, and store them away easily....you can't do that
      with a
      fence.

      anybody else have any ideas that are more or less practical like that?

      that you have thought up while you were out doing without doing. if
      you are like me, untrained, and in a way untrainable, sceptical,
      uncertain of yourself,
      wandering around the garden or
      farm area and looking for things to do then ways to not do that same
      something or not do part of it as per fukuoka-san instructions; or
      looking for ways to eliminate
      man-made 'somethings' (like fences), it's a gift to hit on the perfect
      compromise for that time and space. the 'wire fence into double folded
      square or rectangle a-frames" solution is a win-win situation for both
      me and the deer. they can nibble clover and alfalfa and i get my
      veggies for me. i may stumble upon a better plan but this one does
      work for the frame of mind i'm in right now. i guess if
      you had to have a Whole lot of vegetables to protect instead of just a
      few, it wouldn't work so well. when deer eat my little bit of stuff i
      grow for myself it makes me real real sad, and now i'm happier.

      thank you, andy langford, for your site...sorry i teased you about
      your "titles"...i'm just a poor common slob who has become used to
      burning my bridges too often. argel is indeed beautiful and natural
      and i learned
      alot from reading your wilderness regeneration and harvesting article.

      robin, aka witchessocks
    • Sergio Montinola
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 17 11:35 AM
        Dear Dieter,

        My reply/

        It is quite enough to know the god inside yourself. If you do, there is no need to make a display of it, unless that is, you want to go preaching at others.

        Yes, God wants us to preach all the time. That is why we have a Pope and a church to help and guide us.

        As to my carrots and cabbages, they don't care what you preach.

        You will be surprised and amazed Fukuoda believed in a God whose plants reject human interferance but only GodÂ’s help thru His creation of nature and the universe.

        Serge

        Dieter Brand <diebrand@...> wrote:
        It is quite enough to know the god inside yourself. If you do, there is no need
        to make a display of it, unless that is, you want to go preaching at others.
        As to my carrots and cabbages, they don't care what you preach.

        Dieter

        Sergio Montinola <sjmosprey2001@...> wrote:
        This message contains one and only one thing. GOD is the creator of all things, man and the universe. All messages mean nothing if GOD is second or nothing ?

        Unless man realizes this, there is no message worth considering.

        Serge

        Dieter Brand <diebrand@...> wrote:
        Now this is "something practical". Why can't you people use subject lines
        that are indicative of the message contents?

        Dieter

        Shawn Turner <shawndturner@...> wrote:
        All things have consciousness, everything in this reality does even a rock! Even though a rock has a lower conscious, it is often more aware of the present or being, than higher consciousness with humans.

        We were made whole in the beginning! All that is, is whole. No perfection needs to be done only recognition of that perfection.

        So if you need to speak to your plants then do so. Once you come to the reality that you only need to speak to yourself(Inner Self). Then, all will hear you.
        Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@...> wrote: I believe GOD is in all of us and everything she/he created - therefore I am
        talking to God when I talk to the plants, or animals, or anything else!

        Linda

        From: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 17 3:50 PM
          Sergio,

          I don't mind preachers as long as they respect the believes and
          preferences of other people.

          With my initial post in this thread I merely tried to point out that
          discussion in this farming group had been completely hijacked
          by the religiously minded to the detriment of any practical
          discussion regarding farming. If even a thread entitled "something
          practical" is turned into a religious debate after only two
          messages then its good by to carrots and cabbages.

          It seems that most members that gave substance to the discussion
          regarding the practical issues involved in adapting natural farming
          to different climatic conditions have long gone to other places.
          Perhaps this is just as well, even though I would regret it if this
          were to spell an end to all attempts at implementing natural
          farming, which like all farming is an eminently practical business.

          I do know the Philippines and love the country and its people. In
          fact I was in Manila during the Pope's visit there and know something
          about the role of the catholic church in the country. I almost
          ended up in a farming venture on one of the islands, but property
          rights for foreigners are a little tricky. That is why we finally settled
          in Portugal, also a very catholic country (just like Poland, also starts
          with a P, only joking).

          Dieter Band
          Portual