Re: growing into NF

  • diebrand
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 9, 2007
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Robert Monie <bobm20001@...>
      wrote:
      > Take Chris Evans in Nepal, for example. He and some Nepalese
      >farmers put together a readable, common-sense book that shows, among
      >other things, how to use polyculture and how to prepare the land
      >with cover crops. His instructions to the people in the land of
      >Tibetan Buddhism include not a word of metaphysics, religion, or
      >mysticism--just practical step-by-step advice. The villagers are
      >grateful that Evans shows them exactly what to do rather than
      >vaguely adjure them to seek spiritual union with Nature.

      Would be good to have some of this in our group. It is not
      that I want to spoil the party, or keep anybody from religious
      experience; however, all of this speculation and self-seeking
      is going to be the death of Natural Farming, if ever there was
      such a thing.

      > Bob Monie
      > Low on the Ground (Below Sea Level) in New Orleans, and still
      >believing that natural "farming" must have something to do with
      >growing food for human consumption--religion, metaphysics, and
      >mysticism nonwithstanding. Also believing that the Earth may not
      >necessarily feed those who randomly scatter seedballs across
      >unprepared fields.

      A very obvious truth to anybody who actually tried feeding
      him/herself by farming.

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal
    • Linda Shewan
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 11, 2007
        No, not to esoteric. Thank you. This message rings resoundingly true for me.

        I look forward to creating my future in NF and hopefully sharing some of it
        with the wonderful souls I have met and will meet on this journey.

        Bless you all, Linda