Documentary - Dvd /Video

  • ranju
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 13, 2007
      Hi Friends -

      Its great to know there so many of us interested in this subject.
      Though i dont post much for the lack of knowledge on this subject, i
      regularly read the postings on this forum and am really benefitting
      from it. Thanks to you all guys. I am in India and i am looking for
      any documentary on Fukuoka or No - till farming or organic farming in
      DVD or VCD or any Video format , so that i can generate awareness and
      interest among my friends and colleauges. Also documntaries on other
      people like Bhaskar Save or others whom might be in India or
      elsewhere could also help,.

      Wishing you all goodluck.

      Ranju
    • Linda Shewan
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 13, 2007
        Hi Ranju,

        There is a very inspiring video that has recently been released called 'How
        to Save the World' showcasing New Zealander Peter Proctor's work in
        Biodynamics in India. Simple and effective it is changing lives and
        communities. Peter now lives in India to continue his work. There are
        trailers for it on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dfF_XT9EZo and
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84laB4JPdw. The website is
        www.howtosavetheworld.co.nz or buy through Amazon etc.

        All the best, Linda

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 13, 2007
          Hi again Ranju,

          Another new DVD I just found out about today is called "Bullshit" the story
          of Vandana Shiva.

          The website for a trailer is http://www.linktv.org/programs/bullshit

          All the best in your quest to educate, Linda

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 14, 2007
            Hello Ranju, as you say, there is much interest in Fukuoka's work, but very
            little understanding - for example, a lack of knowledge is the prerequisite
            to begin NF!

            The video I mentioned is from Fukuoka's tour of India in 1998 and include's
            a visit to several NF farms, including 'Mr Save's' (I take it that this is
            Bhaskar Save, but the caption on the video is not specific). Michiyo Shibuya
            offered the video for sale back in February (message number 5482) as well as
            Fukuoka's last book, 'The Ultimatum of God/Nature (Kami): The One-Straw
            Revolution, A Recapitulation', 1996 - perhaps she still has copies left?

            I am very interested in the NF movement in India and believe that India is
            fortunately placed (physically and spiritually) to hear Fukuoka's message.
            As I've mentioned before, there is a world in the making, and India could
            well be the place where it blossoms first. In 'Recapitulation', on page
            215-216, under the heading 'A Message for the 21st Century', Fukuoka writes;
            "In this relative world, the centrifugal growth of man's material
            civilization...is nearing the limits of expansion. It is inviting the
            destruction of nature and the ruin of the human spirit. We would have to say
            this is an age on the verge of disintegration and collapse. The coming
            century will have to be an age of spiritual culture, in which we reverse our
            course and return in a centripetal manner to the source of nature, which is
            god/nature (Kami). In other words...an age in which we live in peace,
            following natural methods along the nameless way of no-knowledge and
            no-action."

            The video and book reveal how Fukuoka has moved beyond his earlier books to
            an NF which gives up human reason to just cast seeds and seedballs and allow
            nature to pick and choose what grows, where and when.

            I would very much like to make contact with Indian NFers with a view to one
            day making a visit, to learn and to share my own experiences, perhaps even
            to document Indian NF in video and writing too. So please, if you are
            interested in NF, practicising NF or know someone involved in NF in India,
            make yourself known and let's be part of the change the earth needs.

            Jamie
            Souscayrous

            On 6/13/07, ranju <tobeangel2000@...> wrote:

            > Hi Friends -
            >
            > Its great to know there so many of us interested in this subject.
            > Though i dont post much for the lack of knowledge on this subject, i
            > regularly read the postings on this forum and am really benefitting
            > from it. Thanks to you all guys. I am in India and i am looking for
            > any documentary on Fukuoka or No - till farming or organic farming in
            > DVD or VCD or any Video format , so that i can generate awareness and
            > interest among my friends and colleauges. Also documntaries on other
            > people like Bhaskar Save or others whom might be in India or
            > elsewhere could also help,.
            >
            > Wishing you all goodluck.
            >
            > Ranju

          • ranju
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 14, 2007
              These are some sites which might be of use to you , in your search
              for organic farming in india.

              www.manage.gov.in
              www.indianngos.com
              www.saranghills.org
              www.ofai.org
              www.mssrf.res.in
              www.farmedia.org
              www.greenconserve
              www.indiatogether.org
              www.greenrayfoundationgoa.org
              www.nutritionfoundationofindia.res.in
              www.indnet.org
              www.satavic.org
              www.morarkango.com/
              dacnet.nic.in
              www.aofgindia.org
              www.indianorganic.com
              www.organicfarmingindia.com
              www.ifad.org
              www.fao.org
              www.iccoa.org
              www.neemfoundation.org
              www.byrrajufoundation.org
            • Jitu
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 15, 2007
                Hi Ranju
                Thanks so much for sharing all these links with us. Is anyone in this forum an active fukuoka farmer in India . It would be really nice if you can share your actual experiences in india,
                regards
                Jitendra

                ranju <tobeangel2000@...> wrote: These are some sites which might be of use to you , in your search
                for organic farming in india.

                www.manage.gov.in
                www.indianngos.com
                www.saranghills.org
                www.ofai.org
                www.mssrf.res.in
                www.farmedia.org
                www.greenconserve
                www.indiatogether.org
                www.greenrayfoundationgoa.org
                www.nutritionfoundationofindia.res.in
                www.indnet.org
                www.satavic.org
                www.morarkango.com/
                dacnet.nic.in
                www.aofgindia.org
                www.indianorganic.com
                www.organicfarmingindia.com
                www.ifad.org
                www.fao.org
                www.iccoa.org
                www.neemfoundation.org
                www.byrrajufoundation.org

              • p_k_nandanan
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 19, 2007
                  Hi Jitendra,

                  You can see the following links which gives about two natural farmers
                  in India. I haven't visited their farms, but planning to do that soon..

                  http://www.hindu.com/2007/02/20/stories/2007022011090400.htm
                  http://www.goodnewsindia.com/index.php/Magazine/story/cherkady-natural-farmer/P0/

                  Regards,
                  Nandan

                  --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jitu <nsjitendra@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Ranju
                  > Thanks so much for sharing all these links with us. Is anyone in
                  this forum an active fukuoka farmer in India . It would be really nice
                  if you can share your actual experiences in india,
                  > regards
                  > Jitendra
                  >
                  > ranju <tobeangel2000@...> wrote:
                  These are some sites which might be of use to you , in your search
                  > for organic farming in india.
                  >
                  > www.manage.gov.in
                  > www.indianngos.com
                  > www.saranghills.org
                  > www.ofai.org
                  > www.mssrf.res.in
                  > www.farmedia.org
                  > www.greenconserve
                  > www.indiatogether.org
                  > www.greenrayfoundationgoa.org
                  > www.nutritionfoundationofindia.res.in
                  > www.indnet.org
                  > www.satavic.org
                  > www.morarkango.com/
                  > dacnet.nic.in
                  > www.aofgindia.org
                  > www.indianorganic.com
                  > www.organicfarmingindia.com
                  > www.ifad.org
                  > www.fao.org
                  > www.iccoa.org
                  > www.neemfoundation.org
                  > www.byrrajufoundation.org

                • Harish Somayaji
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 19, 2007
                    Thanks a lot, Nandan. I am from near Udupi, and didn't even know about
                    Ramachandra Rao.

                    > You can see the following links which gives about two natural farmers
                    > in India. I haven't visited their farms, but planning to do that soon..
                    >
                    > http://www.hindu.com/2007/02/20/stories/2007022011090400.htm
                    > http://www.goodnewsindia.com/index.php/Magazine/story/cherkady-natural-farmer/P0/
                    >

                    > Regards,
                    > Nandan
                    >
                    > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jitu <nsjitendra@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Hi Ranju
                    >> Thanks so much for sharing all these links with us. Is anyone in
                    > this forum an active fukuoka farmer in India . It would be really nice
                    > if you can share your actual experiences in india,
                    >> regards
                    >> Jitendra
                    >>
                    >> ranju <tobeangel2000@...> wrote:
                    > These are some sites which might be of use to you , in your search
                    >> for organic farming in india.
                    >>
                    >> www.manage.gov.in
                    >> www.indianngos.com
                    >> www.saranghills.org
                    >> www.ofai.org
                    >> www.mssrf.res.in
                    >> www.farmedia.org
                    >> www.greenconserve
                    >> www.indiatogether.org
                    >> www.greenrayfoundationgoa.org
                    >> www.nutritionfoundationofindia.res.in
                    >> www.indnet.org
                    >> www.satavic.org
                    >> www.morarkango.com/
                    >> dacnet.nic.in
                    >> www.aofgindia.org
                    >> www.indianorganic.com
                    >> www.organicfarmingindia.com
                    >> www.ifad.org
                    >> www.fao.org
                    >> www.iccoa.org
                    >> www.neemfoundation.org
                    >> www.byrrajufoundation.org

                  • Jitu
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 20, 2007
                      Hi Nandan
                      I cant thank you enough for sending me the links regarding natural farming. I am currently working in an IT company but i want to do something for my country. My family have been traditionally farmers but due to the increase in cost of farming and labour we have stopped farming. I am originally from kerala and i can see that all around in kerala people have given up farming completely.I think this is the same trend happening all over india. If everyone in india does like this then it wouldnt be long before we are dependant on foreign countries for our food. We have strayed away from the simple and sustainable values and life that Gandhiji showed and have mindlessly adopted the western systems of life. The western lifesytle is inherently hollow and can never bring happiness to man. I am currently in the UK on an assignment and i can clearly see how unhappy the western society is. People in UK are slowly moving towards what gandhiji preached about self reliability and
                      simplicity and we in india are getting ready to make the same mistakes they did.
                      I am very much influenced with Fukuoka's farming technique and Cherkady Ramachandra Rao. Please be in touch and update me with your experiments.
                      I will contact you the next time i am in india.
                      regards
                      Jitendra

                    • Jitu
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 20, 2007
                        Hi All
                        Apologies to have sent the earlier mail. It was not supposed to be sent to the whole group but only to Nandan
                        regards
                        Jitendra

                        p_k_nandanan <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
                        Hi Jitendra,

                        You can see the following links which gives about two natural farmers
                        in India. I haven't visited their farms, but planning to do that soon..

                        http://www.hindu.com/2007/02/20/stories/2007022011090400.htm
                        http://www.goodnewsindia.com/index.php/Magazine/story/cherkady-natural-farmer/P0/

                        Regards,
                        Nandan

                        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jitu <nsjitendra@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Ranju
                        > Thanks so much for sharing all these links with us. Is anyone in
                        this forum an active fukuoka farmer in India . It would be really nice
                        if you can share your actual experiences in india,
                        > regards
                        > Jitendra
                        >
                        > ranju <tobeangel2000@...> wrote:
                        These are some sites which might be of use to you , in your search
                        > for organic farming in india.
                        >
                        > www.manage.gov.in
                        > www.indianngos.com
                        > www.saranghills.org
                        > www.ofai.org
                        > www.mssrf.res.in
                        > www.farmedia.org
                        > www.greenconserve
                        > www.indiatogether.org
                        > www.greenrayfoundationgoa.org
                        > www.nutritionfoundationofindia.res.in
                        > www.indnet.org
                        > www.satavic.org
                        > www.morarkango.com/
                        > dacnet.nic.in
                        > www.aofgindia.org
                        > www.indianorganic.com
                        > www.organicfarmingindia.com
                        > www.ifad.org
                        > www.fao.org
                        > www.iccoa.org
                        > www.neemfoundation.org
                        > www.byrrajufoundation.org

                      • sathya_2020 anand
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 21, 2007
                          hi

                          its good to talk on our indian farmers' scenario given
                          the high cost of input at the same time, it is high
                          time that we 'growing economy' needs to look into how
                          the other world had ended given the stress and the
                          depression faced by our friends in the west. is it the
                          kind of life we opt for? it is a serious question to
                          ponder upon... i think it would be better if we can
                          take this discussion further ahead for a better
                          meaningful discussion..
                          sathya...

                          --- Jitu <nsjitendra@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Nandan
                          > I cant thank you enough for sending me the links
                          > regarding natural farming. I am currently working in
                          > an IT company but i want to do something for my
                          > country. My family have been traditionally farmers
                          > but due to the increase in cost of farming and
                          > labour we have stopped farming. I am originally from
                          > kerala and i can see that all around in kerala
                          > people have given up farming completely.I think this
                          > is the same trend happening all over india. If
                          > everyone in india does like this then it wouldnt be
                          > long before we are dependant on foreign countries
                          > for our food. We have strayed away from the simple
                          > and sustainable values and life that Gandhiji showed
                          > and have mindlessly adopted the western systems of
                          > life. The western lifesytle is inherently hollow and
                          > can never bring happiness to man. I am currently in
                          > the UK on an assignment and i can clearly see how
                          > unhappy the western society is. People in UK are
                          > slowly moving towards what gandhiji preached about
                          > self reliability and
                          > simplicity and we in india are getting ready to
                          > make the same mistakes they did.
                          > I am very much influenced with Fukuoka's farming
                          > technique and Cherkady Ramachandra Rao. Please be in
                          > touch and update me with your experiments.
                          > I will contact you the next time i am in india.
                          > regards
                          > Jitendra

                          > removed]

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • diebrand
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 21, 2007
                            Nandan,

                            Thanks for posting the sites about the 2 Indian farmers.
                            Conditions in India are vastly different from those we
                            encounter in Europe; but if you visit them, or any others,
                            perhaps you can keep us informed. In particular, any
                            details regarding crops and farming techniques used
                            for implementing their type of natural farming would
                            be greatly appreciated.

                            Dieter Brand
                            Portugal

                            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "p_k_nandanan"
                            <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Jitendra,
                            >
                            > You can see the following links which gives about two natural
                            farmers
                            > in India. I haven't visited their farms, but planning to do that
                            soon..

                            > http://www.hindu.com/2007/02/20/stories/2007022011090400.htm
                            > http://www.goodnewsindia.com/index.php/Magazine/story/cherkady-
                            natural-farmer/P0/

                            > Regards,
                            > Nandan

                          • Nandan Palaparambil
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 22, 2007
                              Dieter Brand

                              Sure, I will mail my findings once I visit them. I had
                              visited one person (In my native place in
                              kerala,India) who started NF after making loss in the
                              chemical farming and also since it was difficult to
                              get labours. He was mainly into cocunut,arecanut etc
                              and he is very successful.

                              Can anyone share the experience with paddy? I am
                              planning to buy some paddy field and thaught of
                              cultivating in the NF way, but I am sure the
                              surrounding is going to call me mad.

                              Regards,
                              Nandan

                              --- diebrand <diebrand@...> wrote:

                              > Nandan,
                              >
                              > Thanks for posting the sites about the 2 Indian
                              > farmers.
                              > Conditions in India are vastly different from those
                              > we
                              > encounter in Europe; but if you visit them, or any
                              > others,
                              > perhaps you can keep us informed. In particular,
                              > any
                              > details regarding crops and farming techniques used
                              > for implementing their type of natural farming would
                              > be greatly appreciated.
                              >
                              > Dieter Brand
                              > Portugal
                              >
                              > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com,
                              > "p_k_nandanan"
                              > <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi Jitendra,
                              > >
                              > > You can see the following links which gives about
                              > two natural
                              > farmers
                              > > in India. I haven't visited their farms, but
                              > planning to do that
                              > soon..

                              http://www.hindu.com/2007/02/20/stories/2007022011090400.htm

                              http://www.goodnewsindia.com/index.php/Magazine/story/cherkady-
                              > natural-farmer/P0/
                              > >

                              > > Regards,
                              > > Nandan

                              Need Mail bonding?
                            • Nandan Palaparambil
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 22, 2007
                                Hi Jitendra,

                                Even though I replied to you personally, later I felt
                                it was better to respond to the group since the
                                personal introduction is a useful one.

                                Basically it is nice to know people from IT industry
                                is interested in the farming...

                                Regards,
                                Nandan

                                http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
                              • Jamie Nicol
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 22, 2007
                                  Dear Jitu, please don't apologise for what was some refreshing honesty!

                                  Fukuoka found no difficulty on his visit to India to say he followed
                                  Gandhiji's way. I doubt the UK is becoming Gandhian or that India is
                                  becoming western (despite the rise of the middle class). But I would wish
                                  that Indians and Britons would pause sometimes and realise their feet no
                                  longer touch the earth.

                                  Jamie
                                  Souscayrous

                                  On 6/20/07, Jitu <nsjitendra@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  >
                                  > Visit Your Group
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fukuoka_farming;_ylc=X3oDMTJldnMyZXRnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM1MjA2NjEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDQxOTQ3BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTE4MjUxNzA1Mw-->
                                  >
                                  > - Organic gardening<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJja3Q4ZzU5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDMzUyMDY2MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDE5NDcEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExODI1MTcwNTM-?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w3=Organic+vegetable+seeds&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+farming&c=5&s=136&g=2&.sig=uMPWnfcVKBYhVqzlMMT9BA>
                                  > - Organic vegetable gardening<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjZHB2b3NwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMzUyMDY2MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDE5NDcEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExODI1MTcwNTM-?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w3=Organic+vegetable+seeds&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+farming&c=5&s=136&g=2&.sig=_hu21yVO7FU0pMA3vgAFrw>
                                  > - Organic vegetable seeds<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjZ3IzbWpiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzMEZ3JwSWQDMzUyMDY2MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDE5NDcEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExODI1MTcwNTM-?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+seeds&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w3=Organic+vegetable+seeds&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+farming&c=5&s=136&g=2&.sig=RLFo3mkw9AyQ9VPZp-yeDg>
                                  > - Organic gardening supply<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjZGE1YnRyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzQEZ3JwSWQDMzUyMDY2MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDE5NDcEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExODI1MTcwNTM-?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w3=Organic+vegetable+seeds&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+farming&c=5&s=136&g=2&.sig=oXJkLFKJP1FHlYgf70eSpw>
                                  > - Organic farming<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJjcTU0ajRkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzUEZ3JwSWQDMzUyMDY2MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDE5NDcEc2VjA3NsbW9kBHN0aW1lAzExODI1MTcwNTM-?t=ms&k=Organic+farming&w1=Organic+gardening&w2=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w3=Organic+vegetable+seeds&w4=Organic+gardening+supply&w5=Organic+farming&c=5&s=136&g=2&.sig=c8cxSn7RHZynkW2MrPo1sw>
                                  >
                                  > Yahoo! TV
                                  >
                                  > Staying in tonight?<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jgtpflq/M=493064.10729663.11333354.8674578/D=groups/S=1705041947:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1182524253/A=3848445/R=0/SIG=10t28jksf/*http://tv.yahoo.com/lineup/>
                                  >
                                  > Check listings to
                                  >
                                  > see what is on.
                                  > Yahoo! Groups

                                  > An online resource
                                  >
                                  > for moderators.
                                  > Biz Resources
                                  >
                                  > Y! Small Business<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12jrqks3a/M=493064.10729657.11333348.8674578/D=groups/S=1705041947:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1182524253/A=4025321/R=0/SIG=12a352npd/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44092/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index>

                                • michael
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 16 5:36 PM
                                    Jitendra,
                                    be careful, it may be that Western man has strayed from his/her roots
                                    just as you say Kerala is about to. There have been seekers in the
                                    Western tradition but they are no longer listened to by and large.
                                    This can be due to this 'Western' lifestyle that you think comes from
                                    the West. On the surface, it looks like it comes from greed and
                                    other symptoms that result in false paths. But deeper, we find that
                                    it comes from the inability to tell the truth to ourselves, another
                                    way of saying open our eyes to the truth around us. The people on
                                    these false paths know no different; you cannot blame them. You can
                                    only teach them to tell themselves the truth. This is a long process,
                                    often requiring a complete reset from their past, especially in the
                                    West where there is no tradition of the inner self and discovery. I
                                    will give you this. I, personally, am a follower of the Shankara
                                    school of advaita vedanta. It is not perfect either, and I have
                                    learned that one cannot deny another's path. One can only lead by
                                    example in the little ways of everyday contact. And it is not easy.
                                    I am continually finding how ignorant I am; the living things tell
                                    me. It is not a path of knowledge, it is a path of learning. Little
                                    by little I learn more but I cannot say I will ever lose this
                                    ignorance. The path is all we have.

                                    You are correct; putting your hands in the earth is a shortcut to the
                                    path of knowing.
                                    - Michael

                                    On Jun 20, 2007, at 7:37 AM, Jitu wrote:

                                    > The western lifesytle is inherently hollow and can never bring
                                    > happiness to man.

                                  • yashanich
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Dec 2, 2008
                                      Bringing this up again, just wondering of anybody knows where I could
                                      get copies of either the book "The Ultimatum of God: The One Straw
                                      Recapitulation" or the DVD Masanobu Goes to India. Information
                                      leading to either would be greatly appreciated.

                                      -Yasha

                                      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie Nicol"