Re: Midwest Adaptation

  • JSENT
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Howdy, I'm doing a low tech market garden in the Grand Prairie (aka Central Illinois). My garden blog is www,grandprairiefood.com

      jake

    • lilybug9876
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2007
        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, ang <safariang@...> wrote:

        > hi ... I too am in Indiana, and have just discovered the One Straw
        > Revolution and this yahoo group and am experimenting with these
        > techniques. Are you near Indianapolis? Is anyone else out there in
        or near
        > Indiana?
        >
        > angie
        >
        > --- fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        nope-ft. wayne here and though they seem close the soil is quite
        different.
      • lilybug9876
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2007
          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvain Picker"
          <sylvain.picker@...> wrote:

          > had always (nearly) superb success with bare-seed broadcasting done
          before a
          > good rain or very very early in spring. Most of the time my seeds
          pellets
          > did not work, brobably too much clay. But bare seed broadcasting is
          > immensely efficient done at the right moment and the right time, it
          is the
          > cheapeast way of growing plants none to man and it is so easy to grow
          > quantities of plants that we can do selection of best strains and obtain
          > vigorous drought resistant nutritive and good tasting vegetables and
          fruits
          > though a little bit small, but a lot more tasty and nutritious and
          > medicinal.

          hmm, I'll keep that in mind. Maybe it was a good thing that I didn't
          seed ball this year.