Re:Midwest Adaptation

  • Sylvain Picker
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2007
      had always (nearly) superb success with bare-seed broadcasting done before a
      good rain or very very early in spring. Most of the time my seeds pellets
      did not work, brobably too much clay. But bare seed broadcasting is
      immensely efficient done at the right moment and the right time, it is the
      cheapeast way of growing plants none to man and it is so easy to grow
      quantities of plants that we can do selection of best strains and obtain
      vigorous drought resistant nutritive and good tasting vegetables and fruits
      though a little bit small, but a lot more tasty and nutritious and
      medicinal.

    • JSENT
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        Howdy, I'm doing a low tech market garden in the Grand Prairie (aka Central Illinois). My garden blog is www,grandprairiefood.com

        jake

      • lilybug9876
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2007
          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, ang <safariang@...> wrote:

          > hi ... I too am in Indiana, and have just discovered the One Straw
          > Revolution and this yahoo group and am experimenting with these
          > techniques. Are you near Indianapolis? Is anyone else out there in
          or near
          > Indiana?
          >
          > angie
          >
          > --- fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          nope-ft. wayne here and though they seem close the soil is quite
          different.
        • lilybug9876
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2007
            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvain Picker"
            <sylvain.picker@...> wrote:

            > had always (nearly) superb success with bare-seed broadcasting done
            before a
            > good rain or very very early in spring. Most of the time my seeds
            pellets
            > did not work, brobably too much clay. But bare seed broadcasting is
            > immensely efficient done at the right moment and the right time, it
            is the
            > cheapeast way of growing plants none to man and it is so easy to grow
            > quantities of plants that we can do selection of best strains and obtain
            > vigorous drought resistant nutritive and good tasting vegetables and
            fruits
            > though a little bit small, but a lot more tasty and nutritious and
            > medicinal.

            hmm, I'll keep that in mind. Maybe it was a good thing that I didn't
            seed ball this year.