Indian natural farmers?

  • Sangeetha Sriram
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2007
      Friends,

      I, from Chennai (India), have recently joined this group, and have
      been experimenting (and visiting experiments)on natural farming for a
      few years now. Are there others in this group from India?

      Regards,
      Sangeetha
    • sathya_2020 anand
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11 3:39 AM
        Hello friends,

        this is satya from vellore, tamil nadu... recently got
        interested again in natural farming long after i read
        'one straw' 2 years before.. now started reading
        'pasumai vikatan' and natural farming by Subhash
        Phalekar.. hope it will lead to lot more serious
        discussion to help our farmers in india..
        --- Sangeetha Sriram <sangeetha_sriram@...>
        wrote:

        > Friends,
        >
        > I, from Chennai (India), have recently joined this
        > group, and have
        > been experimenting (and visiting experiments)on
        > natural farming for a
        > few years now. Are there others in this group from
        > India?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Sangeetha

      • Sangeetha Sriram
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11 6:48 AM
          Hi Satya,

          It is wonderful to hear from you! What do you do in
          Vellore? Please write more about your work. Do you
          visit Chennai? We can meet sometime.

          Please send your mails to sriram.sangeetha@...

          Sangeetha

          --- sathya_2020 anand <sathya_s_2020@...> wrote:

          > Hello friends,
          >
          > this is satya from vellore, tamil nadu... recently
          > got
          > interested again in natural farming long after i
          > read
          > 'one straw' 2 years before.. now started reading
          > 'pasumai vikatan' and natural farming by Subhash
          > Phalekar.. hope it will lead to lot more serious
          > discussion to help our farmers in india..
          > --- Sangeetha Sriram <sangeetha_sriram@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Friends,
          > >
          > > I, from Chennai (India), have recently joined this
          > > group, and have
          > > been experimenting (and visiting experiments)on
          > > natural farming for a
          > > few years now. Are there others in this group from
          > > India?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Sangeetha
          > >

          > Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard
          > is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new
          > Yahoo! Mail at
          > http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca

          "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -- Harold Thurman Whitman

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        • GRABDAB
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 29 8:10 PM
            Hi Sangeetha,

            Live in Chennai, farm in Coimbatore (well, used to farm in Coimbatore
            till I moved to Chennai. Dad continues to farm though).

            Where do you farm? We're currently in the process of shifting from
            sugarcane to plantation crops - considering planting coconuts. Be
            glad to hear from you in this regard or of other plantation crops you
            may have experience/knowledge about - silk cotton, nutmeg,etc.

            Regards
            Divakar

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Sangeetha Sriram"
            <sangeetha_sriram@...> wrote:

            > Friends,
            >
            > I, from Chennai (India), have recently joined this group, and have
            > been experimenting (and visiting experiments)on natural farming for a
            > few years now. Are there others in this group from India?
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sangeetha

          • Sangeetha Sriram
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
              Hi Divakar,

              Good to hear from you.

              I am personally not interested in cash cropping /
              plantations, monocrpping, etc. I am looking more at
              food crops, and that too a lot of diversity, for one's
              own consumption - also as a way of connecting back to
              nature.

              where do you live? what do you do?

              Sangeetha

              --- GRABDAB <grabdab@...> wrote:

              > Hi Sangeetha,
              >
              > Live in Chennai, farm in Coimbatore (well, used to
              > farm in Coimbatore
              > till I moved to Chennai. Dad continues to farm
              > though).
              >
              > Where do you farm? We're currently in the process of
              > shifting from
              > sugarcane to plantation crops - considering planting
              > coconuts. Be
              > glad to hear from you in this regard or of other
              > plantation crops you
              > may have experience/knowledge about - silk cotton,
              > nutmeg,etc.
              >
              > Regards
              > Divakar
              >

              > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Sangeetha
              > Sriram"
              > <sangeetha_sriram@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Friends,
              > >
              > > I, from Chennai (India), have recently joined this
              > group, and have
              > > been experimenting (and visiting experiments)on
              > natural farming for a
              > > few years now. Are there others in this group from
              > India?
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > Sangeetha

              "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -- Harold Thurman Whitman

              http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
            • Nandan Palaparambil
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2007
                Hi Sangeetha,

                Does this include paddy also?

                Recently I visited a village and met a farmer who can
                not meet both ends meet and he has 6 acres of paddy
                cultivation. It looks like weeding and chemical
                fertilizer is taking majority of their cost.

                But since straw is used heavily for cattles, not sure
                whether they can use it as manure as per the Fukuoka
                style.

                Regards,
                Nandan

                wrote:

                > Hi Divakar,
                >
                > Good to hear from you.
                >
                > I am personally not interested in cash cropping /
                > plantations, monocrpping, etc. I am looking more at
                > food crops, and that too a lot of diversity, for
                > one's
                > own consumption - also as a way of connecting back
                > nature.
                >
                > where do you live? what do you do?
                >
                > Sangeetha
                >

                > --- GRABDAB <grabdab@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Sangeetha,
                > >
                > > Live in Chennai, farm in Coimbatore (well, used to
                > > farm in Coimbatore
                > > till I moved to Chennai. Dad continues to farm
                > > though).
                > >
                > > Where do you farm? We're currently in the process
                > of
                > > shifting from
                > > sugarcane to plantation crops - considering
                > planting
                > > coconuts. Be
                > > glad to hear from you in this regard or of other
                > > plantation crops you
                > > may have experience/knowledge about - silk cotton,
                > > nutmeg,etc.
                > >
                > > Regards
                > > Divakar
                > >

                > > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Sangeetha
                > > Sriram"
                > > <sangeetha_sriram@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Friends,
                > > >
                > > > I, from Chennai (India), have recently joined
                > this
                > > group, and have
                > > > been experimenting (and visiting experiments)on
                > > natural farming for a
                > > > few years now. Are there others in this group
                > from
                > > India?
                > > >
                > > > Regards,
                > > > Sangeetha

                > "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask
                > yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do
                > it. Because what the world needs is people who have
                > come alive." -- Harold Thurman Whitman

                > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in
                > alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green
                > Center.
                > http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

                Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
                http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222