Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 1388

  • ang
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 4:34 AM
      the "cat" vs "eat" misprint may actually be a product of how the font is
      displaying on the e-book. I haven't seen it but if the font text is a
      serif font (like Times New Roman, New Century Schoolbook, but not like
      Arial or Helvetica), and if the scan quality is not so good, then the c
      can look like an e.

      angie

      --- fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Fukuoka Farming Fukuoka Farming
      Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

      1.
      One Straw Revolution Misprint - the word "cat" used in place of "eat
      From: smills178
      View All Topics | Create New Topic
      Message
      1.
      One Straw Revolution Misprint - the word "cat" used
      in place of "eat Posted by: "smills178"
      smills178@... smills178
      Thu May 3, 2007 9:58 am (PST)
      FYI:

      Both of the ebooks, "One Straw Revolution" downloaded from the Files
      section on this group contain an obvious misprint.

      Are others aware of this? Is it some kind of joke using the word
      "Cat" instead of "Eat"?

      For example on pg. 76 under the section "Living by Bread Alone" the
      following misprint appears- "Mothers often tell their children to cat
      their food - even if they do not like the taste - because it is good
      for them."

      It should be noted this is a frequent misprint throughout the ebook.

      -Thank you

      ---
      angela herrmann
      safariang@...

      Check out the Indy Sustainable Food Alliance
      http://www.indysustainablefoodalliance.org/
      You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
      --Mahatma Gandhi
      http://mail.yahoo.com