keefekeeley@yahoo.com

  • sathya_2020 anand
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
      Hi keefe,
      Its good to hear that u visited INdia.. It will also be wonderfull if you can visit indigenous people in India like Karnataka, Tamil nadu etc tribal there follw this natural method of farming with much ease as a way of life.. it would be wonderful if you can visit a place on the eastern ghats in Vellore district.. we have just started to work here with these tribals.. it is wonderful place...
      Hope you shall have good time farming and learning about it.....

      keefekeeley <keefekeeley@...> wrote:
      hello,

      i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural farming.
      this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
      united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
      remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone in
      the group:

      1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
      india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.

      2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home to
      the usa and check out natural farming there?

      3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
      of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
      a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao tzu?
      any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
      further reading?

      thanks bundles,
      keefe

    • kher_agro
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 25, 2007
        Dear Keefe,

        You should read books by late Mr. S.A. Dabholkar. Plenty for all is
        one in english.
        you can get it from m/s Mehta publishing house,1216, Sadashiv Peth,
        Pune-411030. Phone 91 20 24476924. e-mail mehpubl@....
        Price is $23.95.
        There are few others we are working seriously towards developing
        sustainable living alternatives.

        Regards,

        Shrinivas
        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "keefekeeley"
        <keefekeeley@...> wrote:

        > hello,
        >
        > i just spent a month on a farm in central india doing natural
        farming.
        > this time has convinced me that when i return to my home in the
        > united states this is what i want to do. i have three months
        > remaining for my travels, and so i have a few questions for anyone
        in
        > the group:
        >
        > 1) any suggestions on other farms that are worth a visit/stay in
        > india? i am hoping to head down to bhaskar save's farm later on.
        >
        > 2) is it feasible and worth it for me to visit japan on my way home
        > the usa and check out natural farming there?
        >
        > 3) i am quite keen to learn about the spiritual/philosophical aspect
        > of natural farming. i read the recent zen thread and it got me
        > a-thinking. has there been any discussion of fukuoka and lao
        tzu?
        > any suggestions or leads for places to visit, people to contact, or
        > further reading?
        >
        > thanks bundles,
        > keefe

      • GRABDAB
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
          Hi Vikram,

          The Other India Press, Goa may have books/directors listing organic
          farms in India. Also, do a search for Organic India and there're a
          few very active Indian organic farming groups on yahoo.

          Div

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "vikramashila_office"