INTERNATIONAL SEEDBALL MEETING IN GREECE

  • karoubas
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16 9:59 PM
      Dear Friends, I am enclosing an announcement from the European Center
      of Natural Farming concerning the meeting this summer. It's a great
      chance to participate and do something about climate change and learn
      about natural farming. The announcement will be posted in our site
      http://www.naturalfarming.us/. There are no fees – but this is not a
      luxurious retreat with breakfast served in bed.
      Kostas

      INTERNATIONAL SEEDBALL MEETING IN GREECE

      The recent great climate change all over the world must have left no
      doubt, at least to those who are aware of the degree of destruction in
      nature, that we have no time to loose. We have to act the soonest
      possible and work to create a Paradise on Earth. Never before
      Fukuoka's philosophy, vision of life and practice were so timely of
      great importance than in the present critical time humanity lives.

      Let me quote a passage from his latest book, The Revolution of God,
      Nature and Man, to be published in English soon:

      " Who is that tramples and lays waste the Garden of Eden. Rather than
      the foolish man who ignorantly cuts down a tree, the wise man who
      knows better but acquiesces is the greater sinner.
      God is silent.
      God takes no revenge.
      But when nature perishes and God dies, man also dies.
      Now God is alone.
      God needs the assistance of people of good will.
      If you are a farmer, you can sow seeds in the desert. Even city
      dwellers can plant daikon seeds by the roadside and vacant lots. To
      turn the earth into green fertile fields we need neither plows nor
      hoes. Children and birds will plant four leaf clovers.
      Let us walk about asking people to stop raising cows and grazing sheep
      to satisfy their own desires.
      Poets should sing the song of nature and artists paint nature to show
      people where to find God.
      Let us, one and all, participate in the work of God.
      Let us turn the earth into a green paradise.
      It will not be easy to bring back nature.
      But it is not impossible.
      Moreover,
      It is said that walking the path of God is more difficult than for a
      camel to pass through the eye of a needle back. If we bring the mind's
      eye close to the eye of the needle, even that small hole becomes
      infinitely large.
      Isn't the camel our own inflated ego?
      If men become humble, with no knowledge, no desire, no possessions,
      they will be able to pass through the small hole with ease.
      Anyone can hold God in his hand.
      Just like Sakyamuni and Christ.
      Let us hold a single flower …"

      From the 24th of August up to the 2nd of September people from all
      over the world will spend ten days together making clayballs that will
      be sown at the end of September over an area of 300 hectares in
      Northeastern Greece.
      They will have the opportunity to learn more on the technique of
      clayballs (seedballs), to exchange ideas on how to synchronize our
      work in their respective countries, the establishment of natural
      farms, the greening of the deserts and the barren mountains.
      Anyone who wants to participate is welcome. The meeting place will be
      the Natural Farming Center in Klisohori, Edessa, Greece.

      TO THOSE WHO WANT TO SOW SEEDS IN THE DESERT

      For more information please visit our site www.naturalfarming.us or
      Call 30-2381-27312 (19.00 to 21.00 local Greek time)
    • Baris Bozkurt
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16 11:36 PM
        Dear Kostas,
        Thank you for the announcement. I really would like to
        participate. Please keep us updated.

        I recently started testing Fukuoka's methods in
        urla-izmir(smyrna)-turkey. I think the climate and
        flora should have some similarities with yours.
        I work as an assist. prof. in a university.
        http://www.iztech.edu.tr/iyte_photos.jsp?imgName=1&folder=panaromas

        I started my pirate greening this spring. I take
        pictures to later use in convincing people that it
        really works. Then I hope to start here with a group
        of students ... they actually are full of energy and
        don't know how to waste it(no bars, no cafes, city is
        an hour away and no transport after 20:00). The
        university has a ground of 38000m2s which they
        recently(7-8 years ago) bought(most part without cost
        from the government). Fortunately most of the ground
        is wild but unfortunately for many years thousands of
        goats swept out the area. Now, the university banned
        the goats (though they still are on their way during
        the weekend ... but less and less in number). I am
        hoping that by the time goats are off the land I will
        have some good pictures to start an action here. And
        if we manage to succeed, why not dream of a national
        movement :)
        All the best,
        Baris

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • karoubas
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17 9:55 AM
          Dear Baris,

          We are very glad to hear from you, and even more glad to hear that you
          are starting the seeding project with your students. I looked at the
          photos of the University (the school buildings look good) – the
          surrounding hillsides are very much like middle and southern Greece –
          the effects of the grazing, fire and the cutting of trees over
          centuries, has destroyed the land.

          Soon I will post photos at our internet site, of past seeding projects
          that have taken place here in Greece over the last 20 years; a common
          problem has been that once an area has been seeded the sheep and goats
          follow and destroy everything.

          YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR AREA IS PROTECTED.

          We are looking forward to seeing photos of your progress, and we will
          be very glad to see you this summer.

          Let me know if you need any help.
          You have my email, and Panos Manikis telephone number

          Sincerely
          Kostas

          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Baris Bozkurt <bbozkurt74@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          > > clayballs that will
          > > be sown at the end of September over an area of 300
          > > hectares in
          > > Northeastern Greece.
          > > They will have the opportunity to learn more on the
          > > technique of
          > > clayballs (seedballs), to exchange ideas on how to
          > > synchronize our
          > > work in their respective countries, the
          > > establishment of natural
          > > farms, the greening of the deserts and the barren
          > > mountains.
          > > Anyone who wants to participate is welcome. The
          > > meeting place will be
          > > the Natural Farming Center in Klisohori, Edessa,
          > > Greece.
          > >
          > > TO THOSE WHO WANT TO SOW SEEDS IN THE DESERT
          > >
          > > For more information please visit our site
          > > www.naturalfarming.us or
          > > Call 30-2381-27312 (19.00 to 21.00 local Greek

        • Carlos Enrique Kaiser Winkler
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 28 2:29 AM
            I am visiting Europe coming a long waz from Chile. It would be so useful
            to be able to meet people working or knowing Fukuokas methodology Are there
            N.F.in Germany , Austria, Chechoeslovakia, or anz other countrz ? I
            reallz would appreciate to have the possibilitz to make a contact Carlos
            Kaiser

> [...]
            >Just like Sakyamuni and Christ.
            >Let us hold a single flower …"
            >
            >From the 24th of August up to the 2nd of September people from all
            >over the world will spend ten days together making clayballs that will
            >be sown at the end of September over an area of 300 hectares in
            >Northeastern Greece.
            >They will have the opportunity to learn more on the technique of
            >clayballs (seedballs), to exchange ideas on how to synchronize our
            >work in their respective countries, the establishment of natural
            >farms, the greening of the deserts and the barren mountains.
            >Anyone who wants to participate is welcome. The meeting place will be
            >the Natural Farming Center in Klisohori, Edessa, Greece.
            >
            >TO THOSE WHO WANT TO SOW SEEDS IN THE DESERT
            >
            >For more information please visit our site www.naturalfarming.us or
            >Call 30-2381-27312 (19.00 to 21.00 local Greek time)

            Consigue aquí las mejores y mas recientes ofertas de trabajo en América
            Latina y USA: http://latam.msn.com/empleos/